Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding Nemo

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Finding Nemo

Pixar delivers again. While this movie is as breathtaking visually as any of their other stuff, I continually forgot I was watching CGI and got immersed in the story. Maybe it was the nigh perfect voice casting or maybe it was the storyline, but I was simply amazed. The KnickKnack short at the beginning was great too ,as was the trailer for the Incredibles.

So I thought the shark named Bruce was a gag reference to the old Monty Python sketch( G'day Bruce!) and laughed, but then a friend told me it was referencing the shark from Jaws whom Spielberg named after his lawyer. Oh well, either way works.

What'd you guys think?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I loved it, saw it opening weekend with my son. I was a little frightened by the opening 10 minutes for the young children, and if you have seen it, you'll know what I mean, but they handeled it well. After that, it was so funny. I loved the seagulls, who knew one word repeated could be so funny! Nemo Rocks!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Nemo was a blast. thought ellen made the movie, much like eddie did for shrek. looking forward to when the out-takes will be added in a week or two to drive repeat viewings (i'll just wait for them on dvd though).

Re: Finding Nemo

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Pixar delivers again. While this movie is as breathtaking visually as any of their other stuff, I continually forgot I was watching CGI and got immersed in the story. Maybe it was the nigh perfect voice casting or maybe it was the storyline, but I was simply amazed. The KnickKnack short at the beginning was great too ,as was the trailer for the Incredibles.

So I thought the shark named Bruce was a gag reference to the old Monty Python sketch( G'day Bruce!) and laughed, but then a friend told me it was referencing the shark from Jaws whom Spielberg named after his lawyer. Oh well, either way works.

What'd you guys think?
    Haven't seen it right now,it look good from what I have seen.The makes of "Monster Inc." made it.Monster inc was funny so I know that it will be great when it comes to hbo
    Signature Disabled

Originally posted by Darth Jax
    Nemo was a blast. thought ellen made the movie, much like eddie did for shrek. looking forward to when the out-takes will be added in a week or two to drive repeat viewings (i'll just wait for them on dvd though).
    I was waiting after the show as the credits rolled to see if they had any out takes from the movie. That may explain why, I forgot they did that for Toy Story too.

the shorts pixar includes before their movies or as entertaining as the movies themselves. the preview for the disney's bear movie (can't remember the actual title) was hilarious. looking forward to seeing that movie to see the mckenzie moose.

I though Nemo was another solid instalment from Pixar. I would have to admit that the story definitely slowed at a few junctures.

However, I have found this animation style to be very solid, and they keep wrangling in some incredible voices.

Overall I would recommend it, but I would not say it is the best thus far.

Pixar is probably the only major studio left who consistently produces great films. This is the first time I've "seen" Ellen Degeneres in anything where she didn't annoy me to no end.

Oh, and. . . .

"Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, how I love the seagulls! Not the 80's band either.
    (Flock of Seagulls)

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    "I shall call him squishy and he shall be my squishy."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."