Hybrid View

Got my R5D2 in the mail today

I broke down and ordered him off E-bay. I bent over to get him, but he is worth the price. It looks this figure is mostly new. Head is, and the body at least looks like a retooled mold, what with the blaster marks. Now why cannot Hasbro give us a regular R5, or even better R5D4? They went through all this trouble for a figure that would see a very limited release.

Received mine in the mail today, as well. The "blaster-damage" is more than a few simple markings - it's molded into the figure, so the body of this astromech is more than a simple repaint.
    It looks substantially different from the POTF2 R5, though, and I'm sure most people will think it's an improvement.

My G2-9T is a straight repaint of G2-4T, though - with light-blue "cuffs", "toenails", head and backpack where 4T's are red.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Got him today.
    He is one sweet little figure.
    Definitely among of the best Astro droids out there.

I'm undecided about the Blaster Damage.
    It sure does give R5 a lot of personality.
    But customizers will be bummed.

Me too. I live 20 minutes from WDW, and I'll be darned if I'm shelling out $60 to walk into MGM Studios to buy a SW figure. For what it would have cost me in gas and time in tourist traffic, it was worth the extra $5 than what it retails for. I have a second set of wave 3 plus an extra SK-Z38 coming soon. I stil haven't decided whether or not I want to spring for the Starspeeder.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

If anybody is interested in this figure, I penned a very thorough write-up on the little guy over in the review section. Please check it out.

DarthChuckMC --- supposedly you can do a "free shopping pass" where they give you an hour to run in and grab the figures. You might want to check it out in the future.

good review !!
    StarTours.BeJedi.com
    It never ceases to amaze me how you can turn every thread into something about those Star Tours droids, Kris! (Spike)
    My home is where my computer is...