Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Most or all of the Liefeld issues of X-Force, and, though now I wonder why, a lot of the early Image comics. All of which, except for Spawn, Shadowhawk, and Savage Dragon, sucked hard.
    Whoa. yeah. Youngblood sucked hardcore. And Brigade. And the second wave of Image books like Wildstar, the guy powered by an intergalactic spacemollusk or starfish or whatever. Jerry Ordway never lived that one down. The ultimate Image suck fest was Boof or Boof and the Bruise Crew. Why on earth I have ANY copies of those is beyond me. Here are some BSLOS

"Mm-hmm, That's Right. Uh huh. Oh No.
    Check yourself girl, you got camel toe."

originally by dr_evazan22
    EP- 60 long boxes?! Where in the world do you keep it all?
    In my parent's basement on two ten ft. long industrial worktables side by side (in case of flooding). It was a pain to get them down the stairs because they weighed over a hundred pounds, but anything else wouldn't have supported the weight of that much paper. That's not counting the stuff I've bought in the last year.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yeah, that paper gets heavy. My fam and friends weren't too keen on the idea of helping me move. I think there was a little sigh of relief after losing 10 boxes.

Speaking of suckity-sucky comics, anyone remember Booster Gold? How about Blue Devil?

About the same time as Marvel's WCA, at DC there was JL Europe w/ the starfish aliens that sucked face.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Believe it or not, there was a Secret Wars 3. I think it was a story line in Fantasic Four. Needless to say, I did not buy it.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

How about the Infinity Gauntlet series? Thanos is a twisted worshipper of death who gets a glove that, in effect, makes him God. How the &*$# is Spider-Man supposed to take him down? I mean, yeah, Spidey and Cyclops didn't end up beating him, but why'd they even bother trying?

And why, when Thanos killed one-half the living beings in the universe, didn't he kill everyone who could possibly be a threat?

Infinity Gauntlet also killed Jubilee (albeit very briefly), so it sucks double in my book. (I believe she was clinging to life with a barely perceptible pulse in Uncanny, and Jean's a pompous doofus, as normal.) We all know Thanos wouldn't have stood a chance against her mastery of wisecracks and would fallen to his knees, allowing her to steal the Gauntlet and recreate the Marvel Universe into something cooler, preferably with Wookiees.

Then came the spin-offs. Infinity War. Wasn't this the one where Warlock's evil half, the Magus, sucked the brains out of everyone, and Professor X had to team with Sleepwalker (way to tie in the already ailing new book there, Marvel!) to save the earth?

And then Infinity Crusade. I didn't bother. If Warlock got rid of his good and evil aspects, why would his former good side want to kill the heroes? It made zero sense.

Pretty art by George Perez, though, if nothing else.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think those were all written by Jim Starlin, no? I've heard mixed reviews. The TPB's I've flipped through show some great art - lot's of spreads. I may have to test the waters on the first ltd series, as I kind of think Thanos is a pretty cool looking villain.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I'll have to admit, I was reading the Infinity buildup in Silver Surfer and the Thanos Quest limited series for over a year before it became the full blown Infinity Gauntlet crossover, so I liked it. Seeing Thanos reach his goal was sweet.

Here's a crapfest. Nth Man by Larry Hama. Supposedly a comic book about "the ultimate ninja" but this guy was too Ninja. He would make arcane hand symbols like the fist of monkey or triangle of the iron heart and warp reality to defeat the bad guys. Ninjas are supposed to whip out katanas and slice and dice. Plus he walked around in a pair of pajama pants and no shirt and had long white hair, instead of a proper ninja outfit. I would flip through issue after issue waiting for him to cut loose and break out the can of ninja whupass, but all he did was spout taoisms and think the bad guys into submission. Apparently every other reader was fed up to because it cancelled before the year was out. LAME.

Thumbs down Universe? P.U.-niverse!

Marvel's "New Universe" series.
    To sell-ebrate its 25th anniversary, they decided to make an interconnected collection of 8 books set in "reality," with "real" people as the characters. Cases in point: Codename: Spitfire, Mark Hazzard: Merc, Kickers Inc., and Nightmask were canceled after only 12 issues! Spitfire had THREE DIFFERENT TITLE NAMES during its year-long run. PSI Force, Justice, DP7, and Starbrand lasted maybe another 2 years after. When you have the entire city of Pittsburgh blown up (arr! ), a football team as heroes (Kickers, Inc.), you change the entire storyline of a comic (Justice; one book was called something like "Everything you know is wrong" ), and every character seems to run into the others on every seventeenth panel, you are hurtin'. Sad thing is, I have almost every issue, including some Annuals (which suggest it'll last over a year).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Didn't the New Universe end in a book called "the War"? Apparently that's a tougher book to find, I've never seen a copy. I read Jvstice (at least that's what the logo looked like - it was probably supposed to be just Justice) for a bit. Merc had a good first cover, and DP7 wasn't the worst thing I'd read up to that point. Mind you, I was likely 12 or 13. Everything rocks when you're 12 or 13.

The New Universe was Jim Shooter's brainchild when he was E.I.C. at Marvel. D.P.7 was the X-Men of the New Universe and it weren't that bad. Starbrand was okay. The rest of it sucked pretty bad though. Later on, in QUASAR, Wendell Vaughn went traipsing thoruhg all these Marvel alternate realities, like the Squadron Supreme's world, etc, and for an issue, he went to the New Universe, and accidentally brought back the Starbrand and gave it to his girlfriend!

Speaking of E.I.C. brainfar..er childs. Tom DeFalco, ever with his pulse on the heartbeat of youthful America, introduced a Bruce Wayne ripoff with high tech armor and a skateboard?!?! "Hey kids dig this skateboard thing, I'll make a hero who rides one when he fights crime..." Night Thrasher was the Dazzler of the 90's. The sad thing is, he got a limited series, and then an unlimited one...

Tom DeFalco also thought up Thunderstrike, the hip, urban, totally human ThunderGod and forced him into HIS own ongoing series (porbably because DeFalco wrote it). Thusly armed with the newly minted Thunderstrike and old standbys Beta Ray Thor, and plain ol' vanilla Thor, Defalco came up with THOR CORPS! Which was lamer than a hobbled three legged horse.

Hahahaha! I was going to put "Thor Corps" in here, but I didn't think I'd given it enough of a chance to trash it. Funny, Ep, very funny!