Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Anyone remember NFL Superpro from Marvel? No? You're probably better off.

I liked the look of Thor when Eric Masterson became him, but when Thor came back and Eric became Thunderstrike, he sucked.

Night Thrasher could've been cool if they'd played down the skateboarding angle. He wasn't too bad as the leader of the New Warriors (the only comic Nicieza should've ever been allowed to write).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I remember buying a bookshelf one shot about a supposedly real life singer who doubled as a fictional skimpily clad vigilante named NightCat. It had a cool Jusko cover and mediocre Klaus Janson artwork inside. I guess it was supposed to be a springboard for an ongoing series, but it (and her career apparently) fizzled.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

More sucky comics:

The Spider-man Clone thing (Dragged on and on and on)
    X-Men Onslaught -- (I hated that it took the X-Men 2 years before they began searching for Charles after he disappeared)
    Trencher (from Image comics)
    DC/Marvel Amalgaman-er-whatever Crossovers
    Vext (From DC)
    DC's Day of Judgement
    GI Joe -- In the 80's after they killed Cobra Commander and had Neon Ninja
    The L.A.W (From DC)

I'm also going to have to defend the New Universe titles. I really enjoyed StarBrand, Justice, and DP 7. I was hoping Marvel would revamp them and bring them back. There was so much more they could have done with them. I'd be interested in hearing the story on how Wendell Vaughn brought the Star Brand back.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

It's been so long since I read Quasar but... whoever had the Starbrand was going insane from it and they gave it to Wendell ( with or without his knowledge, I don't remember) then when he got home, he hugged his girlfriend and it stuck to her. After that I thought it was going to become a regular thing that his girlfriend was the new Starbrand, but...like I said, it's been awhile. I also seem to remember the little shadow guy from D.P.7 ( or at least one of his little shadow thingies) hitched a ride home with Wendell, but nothing ever came of that. It was in the last panel that the little guy stuck his head out of the shadow of Wendell's foot or whatever and winked at the "camera"

Speaking of Crossovers. The Deathmate crossover from Valiant and Image.

SPEEDBALL! Out of the blue, Marvel introduced this guy in his own ongoing series? What the heck? I have the first issue for some reason. It's obvious why I don't have the rest...

God. Deathmate. I'd blocked that out. Thanks for dredging up such bad memories. Worst. Crossover. Ever.

Remember how half the early Image losers first showed up in Deathmate? Leaving you wondering, "Okay, who are all these stupid characters?" And Spawn didn't even participate!

Speaking of bad Image dreck, how about the infamous mail-away Image #0? Clip a coupon from seven (mainly) first issues, get a freebie. Erik Larsen's Dragon story from that was extremely important to bridging the limited and regular series, and that moron Liefeld kept delaying it. By the time the book came out, Larsen had had to print the story in the collection of the limited series, so it was a reprint story! And for what? So Liefeld could "write" a story that obviously was done immediately before the book finally came out. . . over a year late.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The whole Image "thing" (if you don't include Spawn) - sucked. THey've straightened a lot of things out, but Image is pretty much responsible for that whole god forsaken shiny die cut cover craze, limited variants, tons of crap. And so many bad comics and characters.... yikes. No wonder, that was all the stuff the big companies turned away.

I guess Stormwatch came around (from #36, when Warren Ellis took it over - and led it into being the Authority), and WildCats more recent versions (by Joe Casey and Ian Churchill) have been good, but those are Wildstorm - which is essentially DC - nowadays.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Unhappy

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    SPEEDBALL! Out of the blue, Marvel introduced this guy in his own ongoing series? What the heck? I have the first issue for some reason. It's obvious why I don't have the rest...
    I was going to post about that very comic, EP! It was Steve Ditko's try at Spiderman-type gold. In fact, Speedball is another clone of SM, as far as the origin goes. Ugh.
    How about the Millenium mega-crossover from DC? Only good crossover DC did while I was collecting was Crisis O.I.E. I tried to like Legends. Crossovers are more often crud-overs, I believe.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    How about the Millenium mega-crossover from DC? Only good crossover DC did while I was collecting was Crisis O.I.E. I tried to like Legends. Crossovers are more often crud-overs, I believe.
    I agree. The most recent crossover I liked was DC One Million. Our Worlds At War, the Jokerizing one, and the crossover where they all reversed ages (I can't remember this one's official title) were bad.

I wonder why DC feels the need to do these? In hopes that someone picks up a title they don't normally read and decide to purchase it every month? If this is the case, they need to improve the crossover plots.

What was the DC crossover where Captain Atom was supposed to be the "suprise" hero turned villain at the end, but readers got wind of it half way through the crossover, so they inexplicably made Hawk from Hawk and Dove the bad guy? It sucked because H&D was one of the few DC comics I was collecting at the time, and they ended up having to cancel the book since y'know he was a villain now. SUCK.

Anybody ever read Power Pack? Towards the end of the series, they turned the oldest kid into a talking horse alien, and there was three eyed alien or something called gleep glop. And they tried to ressurect the Original Human Torch (or maybe it was Tor his sidekick)as a recurring character, but nobody told the writer that he was already a recurring character over in Namor as the head of security for Oracle Industries. dumbass.

Oh man, was that Armagedon 2001? It was before the time I was reading DC, but I heard that story line was messed up. DC tried to fix it with Zero Hour and it's been touched upon in the new JSA (which is a great read). But Hank (Hawk) did become The Monarch and then Extant. Dove did return to this world just recently -- She was disguised as someone else and left in a coma for a few years.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000