Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mystery Ship Solved?

What's the Mystery Ship they speak of on Jump to Hyperspace? Is it an Episode III ship?

It's a ship seen in the background of ROTJ. Here's the caption and the pic:

For years, fans have puzzled over the make and model of a mysterious Alliance ship glimpsed in the background of the Return of the Jedi space battle. Here's a close-up look at this kit-bashed background model, known simply as the "ROJ BG Ship."
    The Photoreceptor has some pretty cool pics, mainly of clips that weren't seen in the movies, such as Obi-Wan removing a flag from the speeder in the Episode II Coruscant chase, and Han Solo walking past loads of dead Stormtrooper bodies to get in the bunker .

PENDO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rj_bgship.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	6038  
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Han Solo walking past loads of dead Stormtrooper bodies to get in the bunker .
    Can you post a pic of that?

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    Can you post a pic of that?
    Here it is, I love this pic ! Wish it could have been in the film, it makes the whole battle and war more real.

PENDO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ep6-bts-554.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	6039  
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Will that new I mean old ship ever be named?
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Originally posted by Pendo
    Here it is, I love this pic ! Wish it could have been in the film, it makes the whole battle and war more real.

PENDO!
    Agreed. That is a cool pic.

Is there any chance that clips like that will be included when the OT is finally released on DVD? 'cause that rocks! It really adds depth to the battle.

Originally posted by gtrain29
    Is there any chance that clips like that will be included when the OT is finally released on DVD? 'cause that rocks! It really adds depth to the battle.
    We can hope so, but I doubt George will put back in little scene trims like that... but you never know, he might pull his finger out and do it .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

This ship is one of the Rebel ships seen in the backgroung of the battle of Endor in ROTJ.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.