Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Hyperspace - Worth it??

OK - so this could be merged into a few places, but I had to ask:

Those of you with Hyperspace access - is it worth it?

I'm torn over whether to subscribe. I will go on record that for almost a $40 magazine subscription (Insider) you should have automatic access. But I guess I'm wondering how great the Hyperspace content is? I assume it promises to be even better as the production process moves along.

Your responses are appreciated.

So far, from what I've read and seen....I'd say yes. Especially after the live chat with Rick McCallum last night. Not to mention the on set web diary. And the few spoilers that have already slipped out thru there.

As for getting free access with the Insider Subscription, they are really two differnt beasts. And remeber, that they have to pay for the web documentarian's room and board while he's over in Australia. Lucas isn't footing the bill for him. So it's not like they are making a bundle off this.

And besides, as much complaining as there was about wanting to see more of the production after seeing the E1 DVD "The Beginning" documentary, it's a great asset to delve into the production of the final film in the Star Wars Saga.

In my opinion, it's more then worth it. Especially since you can pay more then $20.00 for a year of a sci-fi magazine subscription. And with the printing time and such, the news is usually old by the time the magazine hits the news stands. Here you're getting fresh info, straight from the source.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm saying yes too, but only because of the McCallum chat and the exclusive video. I think it would have been possible for StarWars.com to provide all the info without charging the fans, but then again it's early days and as more and more exclusive content come up I will probably realise what the $19.95 was worth .
    I also like it because the UK lack a decent up-to-date magazine with exclusive info. So Hyperspace is the best place for me to get that info .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I'm sharing a subscription with 3 friends so it's REALLY worth it!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

They still need more video stuff. Everything else they put up is posted on the websites. I know the Clone Wars cartoons will be available the day they are aired but that isn't enough. The Webcam maybe $5 worth. No audio and updated every 20 seconds, bleh! I would like to see more deleted scenes and I would like them to fix up some deleted scenes, no scene mentioned. I would also like a full hour documentary every 3-6 months and I think for it being online that what I'm asking for is not unreasonable. Oh, and one more thing, an exlcuisve silver figure from Hasbro since every promotion these days needs a silver figure.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Filming hasn't even really began yet, plo koon 200. As the filming starts ramping up soon the site will be sure to pay off.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yah yah, I know but still they could throw in a silver fugure. I mean can't they? Okay, maybe for an extra 100 Jedi master points but come on where is my silver figure. And what the heck about my points. I know they said they have a program in works but how about having special offers to those who pay for hyperspace and as well special offers to members of the fan club and even better offers to those who have both such as me and I'm sure the rest of you.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

My input would be no, because my current hardware makes it impossible for me to enjoy any of the stuff there.

I'd like to go on the record and state that any doubt in my mind that Lucas is a money-hungry Hutt has been dispelled by my brief glance at the Hyperspace website. I guess those of us without DVD-ROMs and top of the line computers aren't worth Uncle George's time anymore.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Seems to be more worth it now, for you folks that like the Master Replica's Prop Replicas.

$75.00 Off Master Replicas Props
    June 17, 2003

To celebrate the launch of starwars.com Hyperspace, the crafts-people at Master Replicas are offering all Hyperspace members $75.00 off the purchase of any in-stock prop replica by June 30, 2003. While supplies last, this discount could be applied to such highly-detailed items as...

Darth Vader's lightsaber
    Darth Vader's lightsaber (Signature Edition)
    Jedi Training Remote
    Darth Maul's lightsaber
    Darth Maul's lightsaber (Signature Edition)
    Count Dooku's lightsaber
    Count Dooku's lightsaber (Signature Edition)
    ... and more!

If you are already a Hyperspace member, click here for ordering instructions.

If you haven't "made the jump" yet, now is the perfect time to take advantage of the celebration. At just $19.95 a year, you will still receive over $50 in savings, plus access to the unique Hyperspace features and content you've been thinking about. Click here to get started.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/a...s20030617.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 06-18-2003 at 05:08 AM.

I've looked at the site and the l-sabers are listed as $349 . Is that with or without the $75 off?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection