Indiana Jones DVD

Why are they releasing this now when there is a fourth movie scripted and in preproduction? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just wait and release all four together? With commentaries and a better package of bonus features? Or is that the plan? To have everybody rush out and snap this collection up, just to be wallycocked with another super special edition a few months down the road?
    I hate it when they do that.

After the 4th one has been released there will probably be a new box set. It's just ways for the company to advertise and promote the 4th movie, and also make more money when the 4th one is joined in a box set after its release.

Its quite common for movies to get released on DVD while a sequel is being made. Terminator 1 and 2 are coming in a box set for T3, Jurassic Park 1 and 2 were released around the time of Jurassic Park 3, and the James Bond movies come in a new box set in time for every new Bond film.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Not to mention people have been begging for it since DVD came out, just like Back to the Future and the Star Wars OT. The time was just right for people to get together and get a DVD set together. The original plan was to release 1 movie in the current trilogy every year, and make them 2-disc sets. Paramount stood firm against this, and finally Lucas and Spielburg went with the boxset. So if there is a double dip after Indy 4, blame Paramount for not getting it right the first time.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

i'm betting that when indy 4 is released on DVD, it will be a limited edition 2 disc set sold separate from the current trilogy. then after a while, the 4 movie box set will be all that's available.

It won't bother me if another set comes out with the 4th film. This could happen to any movie released on video and DVD. I mean geez! Look at T2. Any DVD you purchase could later be released again, and it's up to you (no one forces you to buy these ) to decide whether you want to wait or buy what is out now.

I'll buy the Indy Trilogy this year, and actually hope another set IS released later on except this time with higher fidelity DTS sound.

I'm definatly buying the Indy Trilogy. The T2 Ultimate Edition is a good example of a near perfect DVD so I passed on the new Extreme Edition. It's practically the same thing-just a new box.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    I'm definatly buying the Indy Trilogy. The T2 Ultimate Edition is a good example of a near perfect DVD so I passed on the new Extreme Edition. It's practically the same thing-just a new box.
    The T2 Extreme Edition doesn't beat the Ultimate Editon when it comes to extras. But it does have strengths over the U.E. Like the fact that the entire film has been restored frame by frame, so it's no longer a soft transfer. And the audio commentary by James Cameron is facinating. The subtitle commentary is great also. And the two new features on the second disc are worth the price as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The T2 Extreme Edition doesn't beat the Ultimate Editon when it comes to extras. But it does have strengths over the U.E. Like the fact that the entire film has been restored frame by frame, so it's no longer a soft transfer. And the audio commentary by James Cameron is facinating. The subtitle commentary is great also. And the two new features on the second disc are worth the price as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I agree that the video on the T2EE is better than the UE (like regular DVD vs. Superbit) but IMO it's not worth the loss of higher fidelity DTS sound on the UE for Cameron's commentary, and the other little stuff on the EE.