Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: target sale

target sale

FYI:

Yesterday, I found Jango's slave I on sale for 50% off at a local Target in CA. I went to several others; two had it for 25% off and another was still at full price.

The T16 was also on sale; 50% in one store and 25% in the others.

More Target clearance

Thought I'd keep this oft-posted to thread going. Found some more Lego sets clearanced this week. TIE Bomber is around $21 and Jabba's Prize (the one with Carbonite Han) is around $4.50. The prices may vary store to store depending on the whim of the clearancer (a poster on rebelscum.com says they found the Bomber for $22).

The AT-AT is now permanently reduced to $79.99.

If you've seen other Lego clearances please let the rest of us know. Thanks
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I know KB stores in my area have had some of the final duel sets on clearance. I picked up final duel II (the one with Luke, Imperial officer, and a Stormtrooper) 3 for $10. I've picked up several to build my officers and Stormtroopers. I also make larger sets, as I have built a larger throne room for Luke and Vader to duel in. I'vealso made the hallway where Luke is cuffed and brought before Vader in ROTJ, and lined the path with officers and Stormtroopers.

The final duel I with Vader and Emperor was going for $4.99 each. KB has also had some of the Technic sets on sale such as Jango, Vader, Super destroyer droids, and Stormtroopers.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I know KB stores in my area have had some of the final duel sets on clearance. I picked up final duel II (the one with Luke, Imperial officer, and a Stormtrooper) 3 for $10. I've picked up several to build my officers and Stormtroopers. I also make larger sets, as I have built a larger throne room for Luke and Vader to duel in. I'vealso made the hallway where Luke is cuffed and brought before Vader in ROTJ, and lined the path with officers and Stormtroopers.

The final duel I with Vader and Emperor was going for $4.99 each. KB has also had some of the Technic sets on sale such as Jango, Vader, Super destroyer droids, and Stormtroopers.
    Yeah, it's a pretty good sale. I also got an extra set of the Luke, Stormie, Imp Officer so I could make a larger throne room. However I filled it with all the figures (minus an extra Luke) so it's more crowded than a family reunion.

I don't get why the FD II set is cheaper than FD I. Maybe they have tons more of them...I dunno.

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Yeah, it's a pretty good sale. I also got an extra set of the Luke, Stormie, Imp Officer so I could make a larger throne room. However I filled it with all the figures (minus an extra Luke) so it's more crowded than a family reunion.

I don't get why the FD II set is cheaper than FD I. Maybe they have tons more of them...I dunno.
    That seemed to be the case at the stores I went to. They had about 4 FD II's for every FD I. I used some of the extra archways to build the corridor to the trash compactor/ prison cells. I converted two of the stormtroopers into Han and Luke, and had them doing battle with a few Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. I want to go back and get some more FDII I just hate shopping at the malls this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    That seemed to be the case at the stores I went to. They had about 4 FD II's for every FD I. I used some of the extra archways to build the corridor to the trash compactor/ prison cells. I converted two of the stormtroopers into Han and Luke, and had them doing battle with a few Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. I want to go back and get some more FDII I just hate shopping at the malls this time of year.
    I had the very same thought about doing a Luke and Han Stormie. Now I just need a Chewie and Leia to complete a detention block scene. Maybe you can get an extra DV helmet and carve out the faceplate to make a DS Officer helmet. Swapping the happy, smiley faces of the Imp offs with more serious heads with butt-kicking expressions would make them less laughable, IMO.

Do your Stormies have French-looking mustaches? You know that black stripe on the helmet that goes right across the nose? In the pictures on the box it is one solid band but on all of my stormies there is one band on each side of the helmet that wasn't connected. Hence, they look like they have David Niven mustaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I had the very same thought about doing a Luke and Han Stormie. Now I just need a Chewie and Leia to complete a detention block scene. Maybe you can get an extra DV helmet and carve out the faceplate to make a DS Officer helmet. Swapping the happy, smiley faces of the Imp offs with more serious heads with butt-kicking expressions would make them less laughable, IMO.

Do your Stormies have French-looking mustaches? You know that black stripe on the helmet that goes right across the nose? In the pictures on the box it is one solid band but on all of my stormies there is one band on each side of the helmet that wasn't connected. Hence, they look like they have David Niven mustaches.
    Yeah the stormies have the same split mustache look. I thought about repainting the stripes all together, and swapping out the yellow cylinder blank faced heads with some black colored ones since we don't see the face anyway, and there is a gap between the body and the head. If you notice both Luke and Han in the movies had a black piece that covered the neck. the yellow stands out to much, especially if you turn the troopers helmet to the side. I took the Leia from the Falcon and placed her in the detention block corridor, now I just need to get another Lego Chewbacca.
    I also painted one of the extra sets of Lukes hair that I had dark brown for the Han trooper. I tried to find a set with Han on clearance, but so far, no luck. I'll take pictures when I have an extra minute or two.

Picked up 3 more of the clearance Jedi Duel II to build my ever increasing army of Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. I also found one Jedi Defense I, with hair similar to Hans that they put on the EPI Obi Wan (the hair looks a lot more like Hans than it does EPI Obi-Wan's). I used that hair for the Han Stormy I have.

Okay, here's a link to my photo album with the customs I've made with the extra clearance sets. Not near as good as AC PIN's work, but it's the first time I've done something outside the SW lego instruction booklet.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.a...lbum_id=165241

Enjoy, leave comments. Keep in mind I only had the pieces that came with the clearance sets.

This isn't Target related, but it is a sale so I'll just stick it here. TRU is offering a B1G1 -50% sale this week. In their add they show the AT-TE along with a bunch of other sets, yet in the fine print it says "offer excludes yada, yada, and Star Wars."

Someone in corporate advertising needs a butt-whippin'.