Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am selling for ships,playset just cause I need money. I am not a big buyer off ebay

Anyone collect vintage to old way? Toy shows, comic stores and cons? That is WHEN i loved it! Going around to comic stores and toy shows looking. I loved the HUNT! Ebay makes it to easy. Also i dont trust ebay when I can see or hold it first. But time to time I gotten some things on it but over all I miss the hunt
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

There used to be a store at a Mall not to far from me called "Starlog" They mostly sold Star Wars and Star Trek collectibles plus other Sci Fi stuff. I liked the store, but they had a case where they had vintage figures and collectibles, mostly Star Wars. They kept the stuff in the case because they wanted some rediculous prices IMO. I would just go there to drool down the front of the case, because as a collector I wanted to have the items, but my cash flow said "no". We just had a toy collectors show a month or so ago, and they had some vintage items there as well as toys you could have purchased up until recently. I liked going, but I kept my money in check, and just went to look, unless I came across a good deal.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Originally posted by Banky
    Anyone collect vintage to old way? Toy shows, comic stores and cons? That is WHEN i loved it! Going around to comic stores and toy shows looking. I loved the HUNT! Ebay makes it to easy. Also i dont trust ebay when I can see or hold it first. But time to time I gotten some things on it but over all I miss the hunt
    I collect vintage. I have alot of it. I have about 80 loose figures and some playsets, and beasts. I love the hunt. If they had shows like that near me I would definitly go to them, but I live in a small town with two colleges so there isn't much need for them here. I would travel to some if they were near by. I told my wife if Celebration 3 is close we are going.

Ebay is a gamble. I will read feedback on people. I read 3500+ on one guy before I bid, and the only negatiove he had was shipping charges. Can't complain much on that since his website said 8 dollars flat shipping. If you wanted one item or 100 items it was 8 dollars. I won't bid on an item unless it is near end because of bidding wars and such. Try to keep the price down on it. I want to try and complete my vintage collection but the figures I am missing are the POTF1 and they are expensive loose, let alone carded. I am gonna get some carded figures from the vintage era when my money permits.

There is a place about an hour from me that has a toy museum. I am going there next month. I can not wait to get there.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 06-14-2003 at 01:14 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have all the vintage figures loose but I was lucky on some of the key figures. I got them before the market really got high. Around 95 I got the hard to find guys. However I still need to a helmet for my Luke Stromtrooper and a cape for my Lando Gen.
    I had a Blue Snaggle as a I kid but in 93 when I started to collect the old stuff I traded it for a loose Speeder and a Han hoth! I was dumb! But I later traded a Vader Carring Case for the other Snaggle. It all comes around.
    The most I paid is about $120 for Amanaman. I sold all my lose Batman:TAS figures and used that $100 to get a Double Tip Luke Skywalker. I have all the figures but do not have a Plastic Cap jawa. I don't get in all that yet, I just want the figures, dont care about the different ones. Like Lando with or without teeth.
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

Originally posted by bobafrett
    There used to be a store at a Mall not to far from me called "Starlog"
    They used to a Starlog store at in mall in Minneapolis. My sister and cousins want to go shopping and I got drug a long. I bought a Dagobah playset at a highly inflated price. Don't know what happened to that store, it moved or went out of business.

But I tell the once place the price is not dropping or showing any signs of slowing is in the accessories. A couple years ago I was at a convention and was negotiating with a dealer who wanted 20 bucks for 7 accessories. On e-bay I wachted a similar lot go for over $50 just recently.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

What kind of accessorieas are you talking about? Was it guns and weapons or like the little playsets and stuff?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Originally posted by kidhuman
    What kind of accessories are you talking about? Was it guns and weapons or like the little playsets and stuff?
    Unfortunately, vintage accessories like guns, staffs, capes, etc. are not cheap. Do the math; $20 by 7 = $2.86 each, which is actually a cheap price for guns, as far as I've seen.
    As to the question about the thread, SW will always hold out, because it has a nostalgic and monetary history to it. Will you be able to retire after selling your stuff? I don't think it truly ever was that way.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Unfortunately, vintage accessories like guns, staffs, capes, etc. are not cheap. Do the math; $20 by 7 = $2.86 each, which is actually a cheap price for guns, as far as I've seen.

I havent put my vintage collection with their weapons in 15 years probably. If I do and they are missing weapons I will leave em that way. I wont pay that much for em.

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    . Will you be able to retire after selling your stuff? I don't think it truly ever was that way.
    Maybe not retire, but take a nice vacation, yes

Originally posted by kidhuman
    What kind of accessorieas are you talking about? Was it guns and weapons or like the little playsets and stuff?
    At the time it was a Jedi Luke cape, two Leia blasters, two Han blasters, a Stormtrooper gun and a Yoda snake. The guy wanted $6 for the cape and I said no. I don't remember why I didn't buy the other stuff from him. Although $6 is better then the $15 con some other guy tried pulling on me later that day for the same cape.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I wouldn't pay 6 dollars for a cape either. My mother in law can sew. Cost about 50 cents for the fabric. I wouldn't pay no more than 50 cents for each gun either.