Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    But what I want to know is...who was the figure in the door way when Master S. was sitting at the table just prior to his heart attack...

foul play?

Vision?

Slipped rat poison in his tea/coffee?

Master Splinter was one of my favs...
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Gen-X Mutant Ninja Turtles. Then you got yourself an X in the title and that's comic book gold I've heard.

I think he'll stay dead until the writers are stumped for another way to boost sales and bring him back. (So, the issue after next basically)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

All things considered, I'm glad I'm not a Mirage TMNT fan. But probably EP. Especially with the mystery of the Rat King appearing right before his death. Also, in Issue #9 it was revealed that Donatello had kept the robotic Baxter Stockmen tacked up in a secret area of his workshop for years. He went to him for help in curing April.

Donny got the info from him and the blew him to bits with a blaster. Followed by the ever witty, ""Goodbye, Baxter..rot in hell." But before he destroyed him, Baxter mentioned a time travel device. So maybe the turtles will use that to bring Splinter back. And that way they can get Shredder back in the comics as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 06-18-2003 at 10:00 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ah, that totally sucks!!! RIP Splinter.

JJB- do you have any scans of the actual pages showing his death? I'm curious to see how they represented it and him "seeing the rat king" and whatnot. I haven't read the comics in years, so i don't nkow who and what these guys are, but anyway, RIP Splinter. I shall say quietly to myself before going to bed...."Ha, I made a funny!"
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Ah, that totally sucks!!! RIP Splinter.

JJB- do you have any scans of the actual pages showing his death? I'm curious to see how they represented it and him "seeing the rat king" and whatnot. I haven't read the comics in years, so i don't nkow who and what these guys are, but anyway, RIP Splinter. I shall say quietly to myself before going to bed...."Ha, I made a funny!"
    I don't have a scan at the moment. But my issue will be here tommorow afternoon. I'll either hunt for a scan, or maybe I can get it scanned somewhere. The Rat King was in the old cartoon also. Basically he was this weird mysterious vagrant who had the power to control rats. He was also evil.

Back in Volume 2, Leonardo killed him with a Shuriken and he fell to his death in this ghost town sort of area near the farmhouse like was seen in the first TMNT movie. Later, Splinter was out for a walk in the same area, and the ground gave way under him and he fell and broke his leg.

The spirit of the Rat King appeared to him, and helped him fight himself back to health. He even forced Splinter to eat a rat to survive, when he was starving to death. When Splinter's leg had mended enough for him to leave the area, he discovered the bones of the Rat King nearby.

So now, the Spirit seems to have re-appeared for Splinter. Just before he died. Why he's there is unknown. But he was a spirit guide for him once, so he may be again. Or he's there for some nefarious purpose and actually caused Splinter's death. We'll see.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JJB- I remember the Rat King from the old cartoon. He was that scraggly fellow, with the white bandage around his head/eyes, if memory serves. It does seem odd that a character that wasn't that developed in the cartoon (or he could've been, that was what? how many years ago?) has such a role in the comics. Question though, if Mirage is Out of business (going on what your quote says) who will pick the title up and continue it?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well, the cartoon characters based on the Comic Characters were all highly changed. Like Leatherhead in Mirage comics was a good guy, that the Utroms (lil pink brain good guys, that they later based Krang on) had as a pet that got into some of the ooze. Or Splinter who was the pet of Hamato Yoshi.

They watered alot of that down, to make it more kid friendly. Like taking the design for the Utroms, and wiping up Krang. And since they couldn't have Oroku Saki kill Hamato Yoshi, they had him become Splinter in the cartoon.

No, Mirage Comics isn't out of business. Sorry for the confusion. That just means that he's died in the current Mirage Comics. Even if he lives on in other versions. He first appeared in May 1984 in the comics. And they killed him off in June 2003. Sorry for the confusion.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JJB, glad to finally find out what your sig line means. I dont follow the comics but it sucks that he died. At least it wasnt one of his sons though.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

The Rat King was a joke in the old 'toon, but in the comic, he was pretty ominous. As far as I know he was the only cartoon creation to pop up in the Mirage series. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Tommy, close your eyes.