Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Its hard to tell if it was really the rat king. The guy standing in the door way had a little head wrap, looked like some body armor, dingy appearance, and appeared to have vapor of some sort around him.

With Mirage its hard to tell women and human characters apart since they are drawn pretty much all the same.

The odd thing was, the cat a few pages earlier who looked up and was shadowed by something, then went running for house. Was the cat just checking out the refilled bird feeder, or was there some one there? If there wasn't anyone there, why would the cat head back to the house, if there were birds eating from the feeder?

Then when splinter was at the sink, the "rat king" if it was him, was in the doorway, shadowed, and then on the next page, Splinter goes Hmmm...either after he drank his tea or had the feeling he was being watched, and sort of did the "head straight ahead, but looked to the side with his eyes" and then in the next panel, he started to have his heart attack.

And if issues 11 cover (Splinter on a funeral pyre) is any indication, he's gone.

It's the rat king. That's what he looked like in the Mirage comics series. Here's his profile from one of the character profile sites and a picture.
    The Rat King (AKA "The Monster") A hermit with mental power over rodents; a man believing himself a monster who rejected his humanity for reasons unknown upon some traumatic event in his past and took on the identity of "the Rat King." Passing through a ghost town beyond Manhattan, the Turtles and Casey Jones found themselves caught in a surprise attack by the Rat King, who lived in the abandoned area. After a fight, Leonardo hurled a shuriken star that struck the Rat King square in the chest, then sent him tumbling over the edge of the building he stood on (Tales of the TMNT #4). Some time later, when Splinter went on a journey of enlightenment while his pupils dealt with the warring factions of the Foot Clan, he wandered into the same ghost town the Turtles once passed through. Losing his footing, he fell into the same building as the Rat King had when Leonardo struck him down, breaking his leg. Weakened and famished, the apparition of the Rat King helped Splinter survive (by forcing him to consume a one of his own kind, a rat) and gave him the knowledge he sought. Splinter then discovered the now-skeletal corpse not to far from where he had lay, evidently establishing that Leonardo had killed him in the previous encounter (TMNT Vol. 1, #55 - 59).
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rat king.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	6122  
    Last edited by Beast; 06-19-2003 at 03:19 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well it was definitly the rat king them. Could have been calling him home.

I finally got the pages scanned, and finally found the disc that I put them on. So here it is. The 5 pages featuring the death of Master Splinter.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	6406   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	6407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	6408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	6409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmnt5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	6410  

Thanks for putting up the pages, JJB. Its a bummer to see Splinter actually die. The guy in the door does look like the rat king if you go by the photo you also put up. So what did the next issue do? Did it go into any details on if something else (foul play perhaps) was involved or was it just a heart attack?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Thanks for putting up the pages, JJB. Its a bummer to see Splinter actually die. The guy in the door does look like the rat king if you go by the photo you also put up. So what did the next issue do? Did it go into any details on if something else (foul play perhaps) was involved or was it just a heart attack?
    Yes, great job JJB. I'd figure that the tea was poisoned, from the close up of the bag. Only problem I'd say is the dialogue; yes, I realize Splinter is dying, but the "uuhs" and "ahhs" seem a bit much. Silence, or just the "my... sons..." lines might have been enough. Sad times.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The official site posted up the preview for this month's issue, including four preview pages. Sadly I was really hoping for a rememberance of Splinter issue, but it looks like they are going to stuff his Funeral Pyre around some lame Vampire storyline that's going on. Ah well, atleast I know they won't kill him in what counts, the new Animated Series. Nice touch to see that Leo is the last one standing there, as the fire on the pyre finally dies out. After all, he really was Splinter Jr.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/m...me04/11/11.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks