Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The new Clonetrooper 3-packs review....

....my uber-collecting Star Wars friend just got his 3 pk Clonetroopers off of EBAY (for 60 bucks! yikes!) and.....they blow! I'm a big collector, have over 500 carded figs, and I think these are only worthy if you've got a diorama going on. First off, they have ABSOLUTELY NO ARTICULATION! None. Second, the gun is molded to the figure, so you can't even take it out of their hands! It's basically take the figure out of the package and stand him up in his pre-set pose. Well, 3 figs for $10 (retail), what do you expect. Another problem he has is standing them up. You absolutely need a stand to keep them up, all except for the one who lays on the ground. I don't know, if you are into army builders it's ok, but the figs feel real....cheap. Maybe its the fact that the guns are apart of the mold, I don't know. I will stick to my preview troopers!

Yeah, I can't believe people are buying these for more than $10. It's insane!!! I'll pick them up if I can find them at retail. 3 figures for $3.50 w/tax isn't so bad!

I have no issue with these for what they are and the price they are offering them for. My issue is when a figure has articulation but is so overly posed that the articultion is moot.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Actually according to Galactic Hunter the standing one seems to have shoulder articulation at least. Whoopdy doo. They could've at least made their weapons interchangable. I think I'll just pick a couple sets up then, the rest I'll track down some Red Clones for.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

wow do these stack up againist the bootleg figs from awhile ago.....see www.amoktime.com for them as well...
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

In other words these are just glorified, high-priced army men, right?

I think I'll wait until the inevitable clearance.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Val Da Car
    wow do these stack up againist the bootleg figs from awhile ago.....
    I dunno, at least the bootlegs had interchangable arms, accurate (and non-attached) weapons and accurate poses.

I just wish we could a basic neutral well articulated Clone Trooper figure that's well distributed. Why is that so hard??
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It's not. Hasbro seems to be so far off course, "sticking to the basics" would be too much for them to handle. 4 packs of well articulated plain white clones would outsell pretty much everything similar right now, people have been clamouring for them since the preview figures came out preposed. Jesus, they must be both deaf and unable to read. Very frustrating.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by LTBasker

I just wish we could a basic neutral well articulated Clone Trooper figure that's well distributed. Why is that so hard??
    I couldn't agree with you more LTBasker. You would think Hasbro would realise the demand for such a figure after the success of the CTC Stormtrooper in the Troop Builder 4-packs.

This is the first I've heard of the attached weapons and I can't believe it.
    I was planning on buying multiple packs for opening and now I'll probably only open 1. I was pretty dissapointed after seeing they included a laying down Clonetrooper instead of 3 standing but I figured for $10 I would at least get 2 standing Troopers so its still a good deal. Now I can barely justify opening the one. Sad truly sad.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Has anyone heard anything about the color assortments (blue, green), or when the different colors will be released?
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"