Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Couple of problems. One,they won't be cheap. If it's done like the MOTU,then you're looking at least $10 a figure. Second,besides collectors,who's going to buy them? I'm sorry to say but the bottom line with toy companies is lots of dollars.

If it's done like the MOTU,then you're looking at least $10 a figure.
    ...And for that you can buy the real thing in loose, very good condition!
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Trip J
    ...And for that you can buy the real thing in loose, very good condition!
    What is they included brinze/gold colored POTF-type coins that weren't with the original figures? Then, you'd have those who are completists that would want these as "new" figs. Don't think Hasbro wouldn't do it! I'm a loose collector (no rude comments, please ), and I'm fine for Vintage figures, but I'd have to admit an "extra" like a coin for Han, Power Droid (GONK!), or Boba Fett would be cool.
    "That's what Sheev said."

If there were some value-added item included (a coin, custom figure stand, or something), yeah, then I would be for it. If they just package the same figures on a new card, I'd have to think about it carefully, especially at a $10 price point. Like I said, for $10, I can buy a REAL vintage orignal 12 figure.

I don't think (or care for that matter) that a re-release would tank the vintage market, and I agree that it might be nice to get back in on some of the so-called "last 17" that I missed out on at the end as a kid.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I would have to go no too. I love my vintage collection, and that's the key word: Vintage. Having them in stores would emotionally devalue the rarity and nostalgic power of the old line. I know there's a lot of folks who want some of the old stuff, but if you pay a big price you have a great prize that YOU will value. My favorite vintage figure is IG-88 on ESB card. It's my prize even though it is not of substantial value. If I went into a store and saw the vintage IG-88 on the shelf it would annalogously standardize the figure. Keep the Vintage stuff Vintage so it keeps it's NOSTALGIC value. Look forward to the Saga line. There's some exciting stuff comming, so I want to look in that direction IMO.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I feel the same way you do Jaff. The Saga line is more than enough to keep my SW hobby going strong and I like my vintage figures staying the way they are. I passed on the Classic 4-Pack back in 95/96 and I'd pass on any other re-issues as well. For me collecting the Vintage line takes me back to a simpler time in my life when my love for SW was only beginning and I'd rather spend my $ re-aquiring those figures on the original cards that I tore open as a youth than buying re-issues.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I'd buy them for nostalgia reasons as long as they are accurate to the original molds (1970's stamps on leg etc.) and the weapons aren't made of flimsy material like the ones today.