Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question How would you feel about a new Vintage Line

I was at Toys R Us the other day and saw all these figures they were old. Turtles, He-man, Star Wars, etc
    A few years ago Mattel re-released a lot of the He-man figures in the same old package, but with a collectors box around the old package. So it got my mind going

How would you like it if Hasbro released maybe the first 12 vintage figures on card but with a collectors series package around it like Mattel did with He-man?

Or how would you feel if Hasbro did a limited special run of figures in the style of vintage, on a vintage card, but it was figures they didn't do back in the old days. Like a Trakin. Would be cool if it was a small collectors run and didn't flood the market. Thoughts
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Hasbro do a re-release of the original 12 on 12 back cards. Unfortunatly, there are too many nay sayers out there, who claim that re-pros would erode the vintage market. I say fooey, if they can do it for He-Man they can do it for Star Wars!

As for new figures in vintage style, I would have to say no. I don't see any reason to go taking a step (or 10) backwards. Better to see vintage style cards with current figures.
    May the force be with you.

I would love it. Original 12 on 12 back would be sweet SK99. The only thing is woyuld they put a Kenner logo on it?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm going to have to say no. It's not because of market concerns or any thing silly like that. Main reason is I already have these figures. The card doesn't concern me as I keep all my stuff loose. Maybe I should say I wouldn't buy them if made.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

They did a set of six (???) vintage figures a few years ago, and I don't think it sold well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Vintage Six set WAS HOT! IT was a very short run and it blow out. During this time I worked for Hasbro and it was a big buzz. (I was a Retail Merchainser) They wanted to more but Hasbro/Kenner made a promise to collectors that they would not do anything that may hurt the collector's market on old Star Wars stuff.

I could see a 12 on 12 back re-release but with a Hasbro logo some place on it. That way its different but still cool to look at. For those that can't pay those high cost 12backs. Also make the figure a little different like they did with the vintage six pack
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

I'd love a set like that. I had a set of the 1st 21 on their original backs. They were all repro-cards and bubbles, and some of the weapons were repro, but I loved having them. The bad part was that it cost me nearly $400 to put the set together. If Hasbro were to rerelease them, even with the Hasbro logo instead of Kenner, I'd still buy them. BTW, it was a TRU 4 pack, not 6, and the copyright dates on the figures were changed, so they wouldn't be passed off as ORIGINAL vintage.

Make them......MAKE THEM NOW!
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Won't happen. The set of 4 vintage re-issues that came out caused a ton of massive bad taste to ripple thru the hobby. People destroyed the boxes on purpose, showing their hatred for the re-issues. People tried to pass off the new figures as old ones. Kenner took so much heat over the issue, that they immediatly issued a statement that they would never re-issue vintage figures again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Tron has done it, He-man has done it, GI Joe has done it, why not do it with the biggest toy seller ever?
    When it comes to money they dont care who they **** off.

I never knew about that set. I wish I would of. I think they should reissue it no matter what. Maybe Tycho should do a poll on it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten