Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Comcasts"description" of AOTC on HBO...

As it appears on my TV screen at this moment--

Star Wars Episode II/Clones

Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, (2002),**, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) Trains Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) to be a Jedi. THRLLING SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKE UP FOR THE STILTED DIALOGUE AND WOODEN ACTING. (Sci-Fi & Paranormal, 143 Minutes)

What do you all think of this Description?
    Last edited by mrhat; 06-17-2003 at 11:16 PM.
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

I think GL should make a phone call.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Bet he already has

That's hysterical! Like the movie or not you have to admit that it's funny to see someone's brutal opinion listed so publically.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: Comcasts"description" of AOTC on HBO...

Originally posted by mrhat
    As it appears on my TV screen at this moment--

Star Wars Episode II/Clones

Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, (2002),**, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) Trains Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) to be a Jedi. THRLLING SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKE UP FOR THE STILTED DIALOOGUE AND WOODEN ACTING. (Sci-Fi & Paranormal, 143 Minutes)

What do you all think of this Description?
    Interesting. I haven't seen an editorial in place of a program description before. I'll argue what they say though...the thrilling fx did NOT make up for the stilted dialogue and wooden acting (and I'd add, thin plot), but, hey...to each his own.

I do like how these cable service things are giving their own reviews. They can't just say, "Star Wars, ****, 1977- blah blah blah", they have to put in their own two cents. I remember i hit info for some comedy and it was like, "Magically unfunny comedy about......" I giggled.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Whatever. To each his own. Just tell what the movie is about and leave the comments to yourself.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If they said that about Episode 2, You have to wonder what they would have said about Episode 1.

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I do like how these cable service things are giving their own reviews.
    While my cable service doesn't do that (TIME WARNER), I can see where it might be a valuable public service and time saver. On the other hand, they do put "stars" next to the title, so at least we can get some kind of gauge on how good it might be. Naturally, opinions vary, but the AOTC "review" is fairly accurate in terms of the general populace and its view of the movie. The SSG population certainly in no way is indicative of how "regular" people view the saga or science fiction in general.

Stillakid is right (that's something I never thought I'd hear myself say ), the average moviegoer is depressingly forgiving of movies in general. That's how we end up with sequels to movies like 'The Fast and the Furious' and 'Tomb Raider' (the less said about Dumb and Dumberer the better).

As for myself, I can count on half a hand the number of times I've watched my AOTC DVD all the way through. However, I'm surprised the Clone War and Yoda's Duel scenes haven't been scorched right off the DVD.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis