Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Well, all the servers will be stateside at launch. And there are already people playing in Beta from all over the world. So the lag shouldn't be that bad. Especially if you're on Broadband.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes, definately, the more the merrier!!!

I am thinking that "Chilastra - US East Coast" would be a good server to be on.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I definitely want to join an SSG clan. Not too familirar w/ MMORPG's though. My first question is: What does it matter where the server is?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Well, if we all aren't on the same server, we cannot play with each other. They can't have everyone on the same server.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

"Chilastra" sounds good, as long as it doesn't get swamped the day the game goes hot. As for why it matters? Some people like a server close to them. That way they get less lag, due to having less hops from your Internet Provider location, to the server.

I've never noticed any real big deal. I play Asheron's Call currently from the east coast, and all the servers are on the west coast. And I don't encounter all that many problems with lag issues. Some people are just particular.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks!

Second question has to do w/ NDA...

I'm assuming the "ND" is for non disclosure, well, agreement?

Well, I'm off to the OS to get more info.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Well, I can tell you the following without violating the NDA: Lower your expectations.

I've been playing it for a few months now in beta and I'll tell you that it was great, cool, gee-whiz, etc., for about a week. My beta time on this game will suit me just fine to where I won't be buying it and couldn't imagine paying monthly to play it.

Just my $.02.

J

I need a little further explanation, if possible.

Although it is a MMORPG, are all servers mutually exclusive?
    I mean that is each server an entire game, and you do not play against people in other servers?

Does this mean that each server can have many players, making it MASSIVE?

What will the limit be per server?

I understood MMORPGS as 1000's of players in the world.

Am I way off here?

As one of our more infamous politicians said many times:
    "Please explain!"

-Scronk

Yes, all servers are seperate copies of same database. Each server contains a copy of the game, and there is no in game contact between another server and yours.

Yes, each server can handle many many players. Enough so that there will always be someone on each of the various planets on each server. So you won't be all alone, no matter what planet you're on.

Yes, there is a limit of players per servers. Just to ensure that you don't get everyone playing on Server #1, and making the place laggy. Don't worry the limits are fairly large from what I know.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

What's in the Collectors edition? I saw it on pre-order but I didn't want to blow 30 bucks on a fancy box that I'm going to trow away...
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!