Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    I had started playing on dial up. I remember a few times when I wouldn't have a lot of time to play. I wanted to come home, load up and run a couple missions. Then there was some download that would take about 45 min's. I just did the download so that I would be able to do what I wanted the next time.

Hopefully we'll see you on the Chilastra server.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Yeah Real Luke, Youve missed a few big patches.. maybe two or three.. once your updated though you should be good. When they release new patches they trickle them out just for dial up users.. so you shouldnt run into to many problems. Sorry if the lil tutorial was out of line, I dont know your background so I was just covering all the bases.. sounds like you did fine!

in game the name is Tonysmo. yeah, original I know.. Im on all the time, but when Im working, Im afk.. so , I may be on, but not there..

cya in game!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

While we're talking names of characters can the newbie get a recap of the vets so we can put you in our list
    Character- James Nokomis
    Loc- mos eisley
    scout
    super new on the server
    "For what it's worth, Fett, you were never more than a nuisance"
    Ret. Galaxies BH an Alliance Pilot
    WoW 60 night elf Hunter, take that SOE

I finally got it going. I can't figure jack out on the controls, I am going to wait till the morning to mess with it anymore. I couldn't even figure out how to quit. I am on the chilastra server, I am not even sure where at I think Tattooine. If you guys could post up your chilastra names that would be cool, or If anybody has a current list. My first name is gerran I can't remember the last name. Once I got the patch downloaded playing didn't seem to bad. A few choppy spots here and there but I think If I turn down the quality I will be fine. If anybody can tell me how to end the game it would be great, I know what a newB, Fick it If I can't do something I ask. I can't wait to wake up and have a fresh start. I can tell already this is going o be a gaming exp. like no other. I picked artisan as my profession, I was also thinking about picking up medic. I will post my info in the morning.

Thanks for the help tonysmo seriously, helped make my first computer upgrade a gd. experience.

I can tell already this is going o be a gaming exp. like no other.
    tell me about it i just started friday and i need to be at work at 11 am and i just signed off. good thing i got the fiancee final fantasy chronicles
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 02-16-2004 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysmo
    ... and thats a kick butt screenie there scruff.. You really need to hang out on the chilly server,.., we could use a commando like yourself.. The rebellion is on its toes with the Imperial Crackdown..
    Yea I should get my other charachter going I'll try getting going on there.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Ok my name is Gerran Morafi. I am stuck on tattoine. Do you have to watch that startup movie every time?

No you don't need to.

On the screen that says "Play" (that's the launch pad), at the top right you can choose to click on a character (right now I have 2 characters on 2 different servers). Also on the launchpad is a buton for "Autoplay" which would take you right into the game.

To bypass the movie, I actually forget how to do that. I think it's in your in-game options (CTRL-O)? Tony, do you know for sure? Oops, I just found it. On launchpad, click options. Click game tab, mark box for skip intro.

Another helpful tidbit you can look for is every Tues there is a new thread titled Tues Tips with the date, then on Fri's there is another thread started for more helpful info. These are posted on the SWG forums. I clicked 'support' from the launchpad. Down the left side of the screen that comes up, click on forums, then click on the game guides forum.

I hope that wasn't too unclear, and helpful.

I'm Gandhi'Too on Chilastra. I'll look for you guys!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    No you don't need to.

On the screen that says "Play" (that's the launch pad), at the top right you can choose to click on a character (right now I have 2 characters on 2 different servers). Also on the launchpad is a buton for "Autoplay" which would take you right into the game.

To bypass the movie, I actually forget how to do that. I think it's in your in-game options (CTRL-O)? Tony, do you know for sure? Oops, I just found it. On launchpad, click options. Click game tab, mark box for skip intro.

Another helpful tidbit you can look for is every Tues there is a new thread titled Tues Tips with the date, then on Fri's there is another thread started for more helpful info. These are posted on the SWG forums. I clicked 'support' from the launchpad. Down the left side of the screen that comes up, click on forums, then click on the game guides forum.

I hope that wasn't too unclear, and helpful.

I'm Gandhi'Too on Chilastra. I'll look for you guys!
    all i do to get out of the movie is hit escape on the keyboard

good thing - Im glad I could help out with your upgrade..

My name in game is the same here - Tonysmo

Im normally on.. but when I work Im away from the keyboard as such.. so if you hit me up, and get an auto reponse Im probably snoozin. I work midnights, so my toon does alot of diggin while Im working and sleeping..

Artisan is a good pickup. once you get through to a few levels of the 1st tree you can start making small harvesters. Those give you pretty good exp to get through the rest.. the last tree is for surveying.. thats actually going to help you out tremendously.. stock up on resources - and sell them when you need the cash.

If I have any advice at all - its to enjoy the game throughly... there are static npcs that give you missions, many many missions.. some are tough, some are stupid.. but they are all indeed fun to complete and they give you cool things as well - explore explore explore..

some planets are harder than others. Most of us, Gandhi'too and myself currently hang out on naboo close to Theed. That changes though depending on whats up for that day. Im currently on Tat going through the updated npc missions..

Stay nuetral for a bit so you can see both sides. You'll be joining the Empire soon enough ( if ya know whats good for ya! )

if Im on, and I can assist - I will.

cya in game
    Last edited by Tonysmo; 02-17-2004 at 03:40 AM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]