Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Re: SSG SW Galaxies Clan

Hmm...if the game is that different now, I may give it a try again. I got really tired of how unbalanced it was before I left a while back. Maybe a Master BH/Pistoleer will actually be worth a damn now.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Tony, I am pretty sure they will fix the jedi exp bug. How could they not?

Also, do you have any exp stored right now? If so, you can do what I am doing and buy Novice boxes at you trainer, then respec them into higher level boxes. 2 novices cost only 40k, but are worth a tier one box, which is 200k exp...

That is how I am leveling for the next 2 weeks anyway.

BTW: I agree with erverything everyone has said about the CU. It sucks @$5.
    Wakarimasen
    Jedi

Old, MBH and Pistoleer is very good man. Very good. Plus, you can respec that toon into any combat class you want.
    Wakarimasen
    Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysmo

My force bar goes down to 0 with 4 hits to a friggin spider. and thats a lvl 14.
    Yea and that doesn't even give u ANY Xp.

Anything in gray is too low for u to kill to get XP, has to be near your Lvl.

UPDATE!!!!!!

If you are a new Jedi right after the new publish went on with the CU. The new CU forces you to fight what you should be fighting to gain experience. And the Respec makes it so you can level this out on your own for what you want to accomplish EXCEPT FROM NON-JEDI PROFS TO JEDI PROFS. So if you are trying to get Jedi XP with a first gen saber and alot of other combat types under your belt(raising your combat skill), it is a fools errand. What I am finding that works is that u basically need to start from scratch, almost, try to keep some of your skills like basic medic to make Stim A's. DON'T DELETE YOUR AURILLA VILLAGE TREES!!!!!!! You need those to stay Jedi. And they don't affect your Combat Rating. You basically want yourself down to about a 6 where u can fight nightspiders , flewts, etc. which are 4's. Or lower if u can muster so u can fight chubas, norts, spineflaps etc. The higher the combat skill level u can defeat the better the XP. Or what is good is a pet or person to aggro too. It may whittle, but it will keep u out of the light of the Spynet, because creatures don't report only players and NPCs and it is safe and sure.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 04-30-2005 at 06:30 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Logged on for a bit this morning, ran thru Coronet. It was like a Ghost town. Ended up going hunting with some guys. It was nice to be getting double the XP, but I could have been getting the same XP before.

We were hunting on Dant. There were SO many spawn out in the wild I couldn't believe it. There were about 6-8 spawn for our missions, then about 3 or 4 other cluster spawns around it.

With all the SFX they added its confusing to look at, and I found it hard to target the spawns.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Scruff, are you aware that you can't wear armor when grinding jed or you won't be ableto use the force?
    Wakarimasen
    Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Runobot
    Scruff, are you aware that you can't wear armor when grinding jed or you won't be ableto use the force?
    Yes.

That pic with the armor weilding the saber was pre-CU. I could make damage with the saber but it wasn't as good as with the armor off.

Post-CU you can equip the armor to make a get away, so getting hit from behind will be lessened. But of course u can't use force or have your robe on. But it don't matter now, can't equip it, since I have no Elite profs since I had to sacrifice them to try to grind Jedi at raw Padawan.

I just got done putting in an all nighter grinding on chubas, diseased nunas, baby large creatures, spineflaps. Aprox 72 Jedi XP a pop. Finally got up to Novice Lightsaber. Laying low, stearing clear of NPCs and checking the search list, and using my 2nd char as a spy, I stayed ahead of those BHs!!! In the middle of the night, there is noone on. 32 meters and closer is the distance from a player or NPC that gets u noticed if u have your saber equiped or use force powers. Anybody know the point system as to how much noticing gets you put on the BH terminals.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 05-03-2005 at 07:33 AM.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm really back to thinking this sucks. I went back on last night and buffed and went out by myself. Being a combat level 80, almost everything that I run into is to low for me to get any XP. Luckily, the missions I pulled were appropriate (lvl 79). I don't know exactly when they disappeared, but my buffs didn't last an hour and a half (I was incapped twice).

What frustrates me is while I killed more on my own, I got less XP then when I was in the group in the morning.

Oh yeah - I was slicing a bit yesterday. A weapon sliced as normal. A suit of armor - boots, gloves, and maybe the helmet- can't be sliced. Every slice was 13% effectiveness! **** me off.

Feeling a little grumpy right now.
    Last edited by dr_evazan22; 05-03-2005 at 09:43 AM. Reason: additional comments
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I haven't decided if I am going to give this game another try again or not. I still have my character on Chilastra, but I haven't used him in over a year. And my other guy is on...umm.....damn, I forgot the server. Oh well, I may give it a whirl tonight. I was very unhappy with the game before the CU. Actually, I wish that there were no jedi in the game at all. it ruined the dynamic of the game, and all everyone does is grind Jedi. BAH.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    (I was incapped twice).
    Luckily, the deathblow is alot less frequent for your PvE now on you which is great especially for being Jedi. I really like the fact that proximity targets of like origin don't aggro to you when you attack their buddies. I am working around it, I prefererred the old system, but this one may have advantages if you can work them in. Oh here is me with my new Sith Saber!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redsaber2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	11121  
    MWHAHAHAHA!