Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    6 pm here and nope cant get in. it will only get worse once 8 pm gets here and you get a rush of players from west coast trying to access servers

Yeah....I am glad I went ahead and came to work today. Funn thing is, I doubt it will be up by the time I get home, at 12:30 EST
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Latest news:
    We would like to apologize for the problems you are having registering for Star Wars Galaxies. A combination of hardware failures and some other unforeseen technical problems have resulted in severe load on the registration servers. We are working as hard as we can to resolve the issue and will continue to work on it until you have a smooth experience. Please bear with us-well get you into the game as soon as we can!

I apologize for the lack of communication on our end. It isnt for lack of trying (Ive been trying to post this message for a over an hour). This is our first time with the new forum software. It is good software but apparently it needs some work to handle this load. On the good side, our previous forums would be dead in the water right now (you pre-release people know what Im talking about). Were also posting this message on the news section of the front page of the site.

More updates coming soon.

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

More news:
    Our numbers have been rising, but we have taken subscriptions off line briefly to debug it. We think we might know the issue.

Another update soon.

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well I finally registered with some help from the main forums. If using Internet Explorer...Delete all cookies and all temp files. then set security to lowest setting possibly. It took me five tries but Im finally downloading game. By the way all east coast servers are down...they really need four server locations, one for each time zone.

downloading the game???

Is there an update to pick up???

So the server we were planning on using is down???
    great......

Maybe it will be running close to normal when I get home in 3 hours.....
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I had to do the same before I could finally get in. And yeah, LIMP. There's a fairly sizeable patch to pick up. Since they were making bug fixes up to the last minute of Beta, long after the game was already bundled and ready to go.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm glad that I've decided to wait a while on this one. The fact that the game can run on dialup doesn't help that you must download a "sizable patch" before you can even begin to play. I'm thinking that I should wait a few months until the updated edition comes out. It will probably have other bug fixes included and hopefully most of the server glitches will be fixed.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

So are you on now Jar Jar???? Cool. What server, and what is your characters name?
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

There won't be an updated edition. Every month new content will be added, to make the download even larger. The next expansion doesn't come out until 2004 with the addition of Space and the ability to own starships.

Not on yet, still downloading the patch. Almost a 2 hour one on dial-up, even with my optimal connection speed. Seems they fixed a lot of stuff there at the end. Which is good for everyone.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks