Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Question SW Galaxies

I am jealouse of you guys to. Just reading about this game makes me want to go online to play it. I have stayed away from online game for awile but this one is getting to me. what kind of stuff do you do in the game? Can you kill people for the hell of it? What happens to them when they die? Is there any kind of explosive devices to be used?
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc
    what kind of stuff do you do in the game? Can you kill people for the hell of it? What happens to them when they die? Is there any kind of explosive devices to be used?

Thankfully there is no random PKing (player-killing) in Galaxies. If you want, you can challenge someone to a duel, but they have to accpet for you to be able to attack them, so it's very balanced. There are also ways to battle between large groups but I haven't seen much of this yet since everyone is still getting started in the game.

Basically, you get to pick a profession, and then you specialize in certain Skills, mostly just by practicing them. For example, if you want to be an expert Marksman, you would go on hunting parties to the desert or forrest and for each animal you kill, you get a certain amount of experience points. The more points you get, the better you become at hunting and shooting etc...

It's much more complicated than that sometimes, but I'm still learning so I can't really go into them. It's a load of fun though, I'd definitely suggest you try it.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Having to challenge someone to a duel is kind of retarded. I think that should only apply to inside the cities or "safe" areas. Think about it. What if you were a bounty hunter that took a mission to kill a player in the game? How would you kill them if they have to accept?

Quote Originally Posted by CooLJoE
    Having to challenge someone to a duel is kind of retarded. I think that should only apply to inside the cities or "safe" areas. Think about it. What if you were a bounty hunter that took a mission to kill a player in the game? How would you kill them if they have to accept?

i agree. to add to the realism, assulting other players should be allowed, but if one did attack another player in a populated area, they should get beat down and arrested by a squad of stormtroopers and thrown in jail, so hopefully that would prevent random assults, but leave them a possiblity.

........and in the unpopulated areas, one would have to be a very skilled fighter or travel in large groups to safely venture out into the desert or forrests.

......so i guess one couldn't play as a tusken raider and start a tribe and go out on raids and such?

I dont think you need permission if you are a bounty hunter. you will already have accepted a mission to get him so i think he would be attackable. You can also kill anyone from an opposing faction ie:rebels and imperials. I got my imperial staus already and have been mauling rebel NPC's on Tatooine. I am working my way towards getting a few stormtroopers so they can do the dirty work for me. I think they cost like 400 faction points though. And right now i have chosen to remain covert so the rebels can not identify me. As soon as i get my troopers i imagine i wont be able to be hidden for long. I want to also get a AT ST i saw a few guys during beta with them and they were awesome.

Unfortunately you can't drive an AT-ST just yet. That will be added on sometime this year (free update of course).

I've run into a few Rebel soldiers, but how can I gain faction points to become one? (or Imperial for that matter?)
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Quote Originally Posted by pthfnder89
    I've run into a few Rebel soldiers, but how can I gain faction points to become one? (or Imperial for that matter?)
    You need to visit imperial or rebel mission terminals and do missions.

I've been creating characters on other servers to learn the game...

I met Poojib (?sp?) Amidala, or is it Naberrie?, on Naboo and have been doing tasks for. Let's just say I'm her love slave. Anyway, I've only been paid 75 cred's and haven't gotten any Reb faction points yet.

Still having a heck of a time figuring out how to craft an item though. Also healing the black bars. Last time I went to the hospital. I ended up quiting till the next day. When I came back the balck was gone.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I've dropped my artisan profession for now. Actually I dropped it because I thought I had to so I could start a new profession. Oh well, I'll pick it up once I get enough cash and find a trainer.

So far I have Brawler, Marksmen, and Medic for professions. I picked up medic because even stupid little Gorgs are able to take me down. So right now I have Intermediate Carbine, Intermediate Ranged, and soon I'll have Advanced Carbine. That along with the ability to heal should help me against my mission with Gorgs.

Its a tough game at times, but I'm enjoying it. I remember when I played UO.....TWICE....and it was never as fun as this. I kind of like the idea of paying for your training or atleast getting it from someone else. Makes it harder for people to gain Expert/Master in a profession. And creates a nice economy.