Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK, whats going on here? The new Saga Gold cards are being found in stores?

and waves #13 and 14 are nowhere to be found. I have a theory here. Retail wants a fresh look and only ordered the Saga Gold cards. What do you SW geeks think?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Good theory. I think they just waited so long to place their orders, that SAGA Gold was the newest assortment that Hasbro had available for them to order. I *think* most retailers begin their new fiscal year in March/April. All of the 2003 Saga up to the Han/Chewie and Yoda/Ashla waves were probably available for them to order before X-mas, and those shipments are just clearing the warehouses, plus the whole Dockworkers strike they had back in December probably slowed shipment of them to retailers distribution centers.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

I kind of had that thought to, but in the means of retail not wanting any SW stock, since they got shafted with EP2 and them thinking that the old blue cards are so yesterday. Doesn't "SAGA-GOLD" sound so 70's, .
    (Like my posts)

dude, you have to remember that retailers, especially stockers, don't know crap about "gold" cards or whats new or not. When I ask stockers about SW toys they usually don't even know what the hell I'm talking about. I think the Clone Wars will be just as sparse as the ones out now.

Well I hope I can find some around here soon. This drought has been horrible. Gold, Blue, Yellow, Purple I don't care what the card is I just want new figures.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by Gonk 1979
    dude, you have to remember that retailers, especially stockers, don't know crap about "gold" cards or whats new or not. When I ask stockers about SW toys they usually don't even know what the hell I'm talking about. I think the Clone Wars will be just as sparse as the ones out now.
    Dude, what are you talking about. I know most stockers don't know crap. I'm talking about a wave of figures that shouldn't be out yet and waves that should be out. So you are saying that waves 13, 14 and 15 are in the back, but they only just stocked wave 15. I don't think so.
    (Like my posts)

Wave 13 is Han, Chewie, and Boba, and Wave 14 is Yoda and Chian, right? They're out there. I've found all those figures at retail, so I'd imagine they're just waiting for the gazillion Luminaras and Teemtos to clear some room for them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found Yoda and Chian today, they're so cute. . I didn't get the other younglings, I don't buy everything, just a couple of things. I guess figures are actually showing up in 2003.
    you only get one life so live it up

... for a second I thought Amy was back... I gotta stop reading after I just wake up.

I finally found droid factory Padme & blond Imperial officer two days ago bringing my total of figures found in '03 to 5!

I don't care if I find gold, blue, or any figure as long as it's new.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I'm up to Hoth Han & Mynock Chewie...and that's only because my collector friend & I check every day for the 1(yes, 1) case that WalMart & Target seems to get sporadically. Toy R Us has a wall o' Lott Dodd & Young Boba Fett.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."