Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who likes listening to RICHARD MARX?

I have 2 of his CD's, the first one with "Should've Known Better" and "It Don't Mean Nothing" and Repeat Offender with "Too Late to Say Goodbye," and "Right Here Waiting."

Good songs include:

Angelina
    Heart on the Line
    I Remember Those Summer Nights
    Have Mercy

and so on.

Anybody like or tolerate Richard Marx's music?

What do you think?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i've got a few of his tapes, yes i said cassette tapes.....and am not ashamed to admit he has had some quality songs........now all you too cool for school folks can chime in!

"I sweaaaaaaaar I left her by the river, I sweaaaaaaar I left her safe and sounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!"

Originally posted by Caesar
    "I sweaaaaaaaar I left her by the river, I sweaaaaaaar I left her safe and sounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!"
    I didn't get it. Could you explain, Caesar?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho..that's from Hazard....it's a great song, not sure which album it's on.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Yes, I remember those lyrics. I own one or two of Richard Marx's CD's. I haven't listened to them in quite some time.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
    Tycho..that's from Hazard....it's a great song, not sure which album it's on.

Do you remember the video?

I do believe the song is found on his "Rush Street" record . . . here's a pic Tycho, it might look familiar. Maybe it could be a cool avatar?

And let us not forget the powerful song "Now and Forever" !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marxrushstreet.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	6139  

I met him..

yup..

working as a busyboy back in oooo Id say 1987 I think.. I worked in a resturaunt located a few buildings away from the then Q106.. I was pretty ****y that day as I had planned on going to Six Flags that night to see Richard Marx and Henry Lee Summer.. but my Boss said "Hey, can you work tonight?" grrr.. Double shifts suck. Regardless, I was on my break when one of the cooks came out and said, "Hey. Richard Marx is next door, and he is hungry.." So I asked if I could walk a pizza over to him and my Boss agreed. ( least he could do since I was gonna miss that concert.. ) So we quickly cooked a pie, and myself, my boss and a waiter with a polaroid camera all went down to see him - walking out to get into the van to head to Six Flags.. He was totally shocked to see us standing there with a pizza for him. He was really nice, and I'd have to say he was short, about 5'6 maybe.. Im 5'7 and he was only taller than me because his boots and 80s poofy hair.. I have the picture of he and I standing there, me holding the pie.. he autographed a napkin for me..

and the whole time I kept thinking.. ok, much better than a concert, but Id still like to see Henry Lee Summer... ( which I did end up doing the next summer..

DONT MEAN NOTHING! I enjoy some of those hits..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

I like two of his songs, "Hold On To The Night" and "Wait Here Waiting For You." He also did an OK cover of a Billy Joel song "Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway). Lately, he has been writing songs for 'NYSNC now, including a number of their hits. Must collect a big paycheck for that.

While I am not a huge fan, but I like Richard Marx and performers from his day or before. I get made fun of all the time because my taste in music is a decade or two (or three). A lot of my favortie performers aren't even included on most progressive radio stations. They include Carole King, Phil Collins, Marvin Gaye, Chicago, Steve Winwood, Don Henley, Bread, Bruce Hornsby, a lot of Motown acts, Johnny Rivers, among others. I often tell people I was born a decade too late.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Originally posted by Tonysmo
    I have the picture of he and I standing there, me holding the pie.. he autographed a napkin for me..

Well...................care to share that picture? I have a picture of me with Dennis DeYoung of Styx, posted in another thread.

I like pictures...................................well?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!