Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jar Jar

Jar Jar

I've only just relised that we haven't heard anything of Jar Jar Binks yet?

Is Ahmed Best set to join the cast in Sydney?

As much as we all hate him, he needssome sort of end to his story.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Rick told on the live webchat that JJB will be in it, but will have a smaller role than in Episode II!!! I don't know how they could make his role any smaller, so it's likely that he won't be in it. I was hoping he'd have a larger role, and I want him to save Luke and Leia .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Look how small Darth Sidious' appearance was in Episode II, and Greedo's appearance in An New Hope. He could literally just be in one small scene at the end or something, he might not even speak. In Episode II, he was in a few scenes, he spoke in 2 scenes I think.
    He'll definitely be in it, they have to wrap up what happens to him cause he isn't in the old trilogy and he had a massive part in Episode I and a critical scene in Episode II.
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

I read somewhere, that Ahmed Best said he was needed for 16 days of filming. Which was shorter then his time on the set for Episode II.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, gosh...it doesn't look good. How is Lucas going to be able to conclude the story of JJB when he only has brief screen time??? Oh well.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Remeber that being a digital character, it's not like Ahmed is needed for things like reshoots. Plus he also was an extra in the Nightclub for E2. I think his ammount of days on E2 was somthing like 25.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by TheDarthVader
    Oh, gosh...it doesn't look good. How is Lucas going to be able to conclude the story of JJB when he only has brief screen time??? Oh well.
    why does he need to wrap up the "story of jar jar binks"?
    he's now a minor character who can just fade away or die sometime between episode 3 and 4.

Originally posted by derek
    why does he need to wrap up the "story of jar jar binks"?
    he's now a minor character who can just fade away or die sometime between episode 3 and 4.
    Well, he will at least show him, it's the final piece of the puzzle. The last movie in the prequel trilogy. He's a senator and a friend of Padme, Anakin and Obi-Wan, he'll certainly be there.

Jeez... are people still hatin on JJB?!
    "Trust me, itís paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we havenít Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, itís probably worth it."

If he was in the Nightclub chances are, yet again, he plays a minor but major role. And, Jar Jar your quote is right. I read the same thing as well. However, it does not mean he will have less screen time than in EII. Also, Pendo you mustn't forget, while he may not have speaked much, Jar Jar was in many scenes. Especially in the begining.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Re: Jar Jar

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    As much as we all hate him
    I love Jar Jar and will be sad if he doesn't appear in E3.

I think his screentime in AOTC was a perfect amount, lots of background appearances and 3 or 4 cool speaking scenes.
    For episode III, I wouldn't have a problem if he is scaled back a bit more since I agree with Derek that he can now just "fade away."

I just hope they don't kill him off.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 06-23-2003 at 02:38 AM.