Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

episode 2 figures, sir steve?

all right, the official site has photos of their "spring 2002" figures.
    sabe, black travel gown
    rebel trooper
    snaggletooth
    imperial officer
    fx-7

if the spring 2002 line is being revealed in the summer/fall of 2001, how long till the episode 2 figure photos?

Thumbs up

Jargo posted in a thread that 6 figures are going to be released by december, which is 2 months 1/2 from today, so i guess those photos should be here in the next two weeks. Maybe sooner???
    As always...........L

To be accurate i posted that Diamond comics are saying that. I don't want to be the one with egg on my face if they don't appear. i got the info from collectstarwars.com and from theforce.net both of whom have pretty good insiders but have been known to jump the gun with inaccurate info from time to time. but as they have been showing up in targets computers I would suspect that the story is true. Six figures is a nice number to round off the year with. Wonder who it will be.

Shall we speculate?

Will they be major figures? Anakin? Obi Wan?

Or obscure?

Good guys? Bad guys? Jedi? Clonetroopers? People we've already seen like Orn Free Ta? Or brand new baddies like Count Dooku? Will they be characters we know about like Jango? Or people we've never heard of or seen? What do you think? Six is an awful lot of figures....

I'd bet Threepio and Artoo will be two of the six. Probably why they weren't included in the ANH 25th two-packs. Dunno, just a thought.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

all righty then, word has it that the trailer will be seen before "monsters, inc." on november 2nd. if memory serves me correctly, you(sir steve) waited until the episode 1 trailer was released to reveal the episode 1 line. is it safe to think we could be seeing previews of the episode 2 line the first week of november, here on sir steve's guide, the best damn star wars site ever! do i get points for kissing up?

tycho,

i'm not talking about the supposed "preview" figures, i'm talking about the may whatever, 2001 first wave of episode 2 figures. they exist, sir steve may or may not have photos of them.

i clearly recall in an article in toyfair magazine that sir steve was quoted as saying he had photos of the episode 1 line in 1998, but held on to them until the trailer was premired in november of 1998. his rational was that after lucasfilm officially revealed the film's characters, he believed it was ok to release photos of the products. i agree, and hopefully he still does, because if the monsters, inc. rumor is true, it's about 2 1/2 weeks away!

Originally posted by derek
    is it safe to think we could be seeing previews of the episode 2 line the first week of november, here on sir steve's guide, the best damn star wars site ever! do i get points for kissing up?
    Yo'd probably see the pictures first on the official Star Wars website or on the Hasbro website As for kissing up,i've been doing that for a few years and look where I am?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: episode 2 figures, sir steve?

Originally posted by derek
    if the spring 2002 line is being revealed in the summer/fall of 2001, how long till the episode 2 figure photos?
    If the current wave of FX-7, Amidala (Travel Gown) and the others is the SPRING LINE... why was it released in December?????

Stupid Hasbro...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**