Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lame villains

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Wait Wait, Calendar man?!?! I don't read comics that much, but for the love of God, somebody tell me what his powers/abilities were.
    Calendar Man was a 60s Batman villain who didn't have any abilities aside from a weird obsession with dates. He had one of the corniest costumes ever.

A few years ago, DC released a Batman one-shot comic where they tried to redefine Calendar Man (as they've done with Penguin, Killer Moth, and other could-be-lame villains). The first two stories were flashbacks of Calendar Man proving how lame he was. He then decides to take a persona based on the Mayan (?) culture, since their calendar said the world would end around that time. So he starts a huge campaign of terror, the main point of which was crashing a loaded 747 into a main Gotham City highway during rush hour. Batman can't prevent this from happening, but thwarts him from further acts along the same line, and the last we see, he's in Arkham (since his danger level has been significantly upgraded), laughing because he's learned another ancient culture has a calendar on which the world ends a few months after his scheduled release. . . years from now.

Funny thing is, he still was damn lame. And, since the book came out in late 2000 or early 2001, it quickly became retroactively tasteless due to the use of a passenger jet as a weapon of mass destruction.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You mean you guys ain't got The Spot listed? This guy is beyond lame. I mean,what did they do,watch that old Looney Tunes cartoon with that little professor guy that made holes and say,"hey,that would be a cool super-power"?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Yeah, the spot was a turd of a villain.

How about Stilt-Man from Daredevil? He had extendo legs which made him...erm...threatening...and stuff. I think Daredevil defeated him the same every time, BY TRIPPING HIM.

Nanny and the Orphan Maker. Yup. Even their names are lame.

Rock and Redeemer. tee hee, these Hulk villains could wind up in the lame villain hall of fame. Honestly, who has a mad on for the Hulk so much, they would volunteer to get turned into a big chunk of rock?
    "Sooo, after this process i'll be a big chunk of rock with no arms and legs?"
    "Yup."
    "What about sweet lovin with the ladies?"
    "Nope."
    "But I can still go to the strip tease right?"
    "Sorry, no equipment after this. You'll be a big chunk of rock."
    "Can I still toss back a cold suds or two to wind down?"
    "Uh uh. It'll just be your Mcfarlane face sticking out of a big chunk of rock."
    "Well, I hate the Hulk, so lets do it."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yeah, I'm totally NOT digging on the old Robin being the big bad guy in Hush. His costume is so stupid............

Just kidding. Had you going didn't I?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Transformers #0 reminded me of the most lame baddies of all time, though there's a chance they may be redeemed if this story arc pans out:

The Quintessons. True, they were kinda funny in the movie, but they gave new depths to the word "suck" in the subsequent cartoons and one issue of the Marvel comic they appeared in.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Javelin from Green Lantern (Old School) early 80's.

Speaking of which, good 'ol GL has had some lame villans over the years.
    May the force be with you.

I was just re-reading the first posts, before mine, and thought of the very same villian again, Armadillo. Jeez! He sucked!

For another sucky hero, how about Mr. Miracle and his wife Big Barda? DC is rife with really bad characters, good or evil.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Hear is one for your list form are friends at hasbro what cobra commander and most of the other cobras.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Quote Originally Posted by thespar
    Hear is one for your list form are friends at hasbro what cobra commander and most of the other cobras.
    Whoa. What? It's like...a voice...A voice from the past....
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The GIJoe villains tend to be pretty good, but what's up with those costumes? Dr. Mindbender or Dr. Freddy Mercury - you be the judge.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008