Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lame villains

As far as Star Wars goes:

Prince Xizor seems just dumb. Something about him, he looks like he belongs somewhere else, like in Aladdin or something. Don't know why.

Grand Admiral Thrawn. Same thing here.

The Yuuzhan Vong! Man these guys just suck. They ruined everything, and looked like a Power Rangers character.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yess, good call mrjabba......
    Pretty much all of the Fuller Universe of SW bad guys suffer from the "weird and cool" sorta syndrome (like venom and the like marvel-wise)

PUNISHER started as a sorta lame spidey villain

Orka the human killer whale is fun...
    RED SHIFT, herald of galactus, SO LAME, the big G was really reaching with that guy

The Terrible Tinkerer was about as DC grade a villain as Marvel ever produced...

The Living Brain was prety silly

Arnem Zola was totally off the hook (old cap villain, so politically incorrect he almost can't be discussed here, had no head and his face was in his chest, real nutty lookin)

I'll be back, gotta dredge deeper for the real nuggets, good list so far!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by thespar
    Hear is one for your list form are friends at hasbro what cobra commander and most of the other cobras.
    Hold up a second. I can see using the word "lame" for doodooheads like Raptor or Voltar or the Crimson Twins or Croc Master or Crystal Ball or Big Boa or especially that turd Serpentor, who sucks too hard to even use the SSG cliche "amazing pig terd." And a lot of their troops suck, too. Why do they need specialized urban commandos, even if the Alley Vipers are some of the only Vipers with cool costumes?

But most of the Cobras? What's not to like about Firefly, Destro, Zartan, Zarana, Major Bludd, Storm Shadow, the Red Ninjas, BATs, Copperhead, Wild Weasel, Baroness, Road Pig, Metal Head, etc? Ninjas and biker punks and mercs and unscrupulous arms dealers, oh my! Even Mindbender is pretty nasty when you get past his rather silly origin story (an orthodontist experimenting with mind control?) and poor taste in duds.

And Cobra Commander, lame? What's lame about a deranged used car salesman who starts up a terrorist organization and within a few short years is not only Public Enemy #1 but always within inches of world domination? Dude, if Marvel hadn't disavowed such obvious clues that the Joes and Transformers existed within the Marvel universe (Spider-Man guest shots are a pretty hard thing to ignore, Marvel! ), Cobra could've taken Latveria in minutes and Cobra Commander would keep Dr Doom alive as his jester!

But whoever mentioned the SW EU is right on. Aside from Thrawn and a few others, they all suck hard. Waru, anyone?
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 01-20-2004 at 10:12 AM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

About Cobra Commander being lame I was talking about him cartoons the comic one was pretty cool. The only cobra l real liked are Destro and Storm Shadow.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Heh. The lame Quadrilogy ( also known as the Wrecking Crew) showed up in Avengers last month. Where's Scourge when you need him?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Speaking of needing to be Scourged - Slyde just made another appearance in SM Unlimited. And what was with the 'Human Interest' story? I liked it best when they did it the first time back in ASM, like 248 or so, "The Kid Who Collects SM'.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    just put all of Alpha Flight on the list. And from DC The Creeper.
    Whoa there. Speaking as one of the dozen or so people who own every issue of Alpha Flight gotta take issue with you bashing them.

I think they were sorely underused and had some very cool characters.
    Granted they were written very poorly after issue #70 but still!

Although I will admit the "supposed arch-nemesis" of Alpha Flight, The Master of the World, completely lame.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Kang. Yeah, I know, he's like an A-list Avengers villain...but let's break it down shall we? First off, the name. Kang. like I slammed the lid on an old fashioned steel garbage can. Second, the costume. Purple thigh high stocking boots? over a pea green jumpsuit? And whats with the mask? With the lines down over the eyes? What purpose does that serve? And when he time travels, he uses equally lame disguises, like the whole Egyptian Ra thing ( I forgot the name he used) But since everybody knows its him why bother? And finally, he's from the far flung future right? So couldn't he just open a history book and see the futility of his super villainness? "oop. Got my butt handed to me by the Avengers right there. oh ho. Got spanked AGAIN by the Avengers. And look. My getting another sound smack down by the Avengers..."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Okay.... if chux can do it so can I...

That's ENOUGH talkin' smack about the Cross Time Tyrant.... Kang RULES!!!

The futility is a pathos device, sorta... the convoluted plots where Kang tries to beat other time-spawned duplicates of himself are right funny, it's sorta Marvel's way of pointing out the silliness of time-travel plots, as they almost always make use of some of the problems such things present, y'know, paradox and stuff...

I like Kang a lot, and he's nowhere near lame as the Bi Beast or the Porcupine or Leapfrog, who, on fact, ARE LAME.... get back to picking on Arcade, why don't ya??
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

How about The Blob?

True, he has a pretty cool power. I suppose. If there's ever a mandatory evacuation and he doesn't want to leave, no one can make him.

But worst is that name. How many overweight people have you known who like being called Blob, or, worse, call themselves Blob?

And if the Juggernaut, who cannot be stopped, runs into the Blob, who cannot be moved, what happens?
    Tommy, close your eyes.