Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lame villains

I just found this topic and could not help but think of a couple. What sticks out in my mind is Grod. I saw him in a Flash comic and thought a talking Gorilla...pretty weeny.

Also for any hard core Transformers comic readers from back in the day, Unicron's flunkies Hook, Line, and Sinker were pretty lame too.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

The names and gimmicks were certainly lame. They didn't do enough for me to consider them truly "lame," though. More "obvious disposable filler."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The only reason Bats has great villains is because he has so many. For every great foe, he's got twelve bad ones. True, there's Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face. . . but I refer you also to Puzzler, Egghead, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Catman, Gentleman Ghost, Calendar Man, Crazy Quilt, Blockbuster (though they've made him decent in Nightwing), Riddler, Louie the Lilac, the Mime, Magpie. . . .
    Jeez, I thought the list I came up with was bad, but check the roster of villains from the 60s TV show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_...s_and_episodes

Zsa Zsa Gabor? Cornelius the Ape as Bookworm? Zsa Zsa Gabor?

Unfortunately, I saw the Chandell/Harry episodes once, and they're forever burned in my memory. Half the time Liberace's basically playing himself, and the other half the time, he's pretending to be a mobster. It's painful to watch. I think, regardless of sexuality, everyone can agree that Liberace was some sort of supernatural level of flaming that totally transcended any form of preference or gender identification.

And who would win in a fight, Louie the Lilac or Lady Penelope Peasoup? I think I'd rather read Civil War: The Deluxe Expanded Edition in Fifteen Hardcover Volumes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.