Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After Vintage, before Neo-Classic there was Bend-ems! Any collection those

About a year or so before Hasbro started a new Star Wars like Just Toys did a Bend-ems line. the figures were DUMB but at the time it was the only Star Wars toys you could get. Did anyone get them? I have them all, and some box sets. Wish now I got that redone Vader case for them. Then I would have every thing the Just Toys did.
    They look really bad, some of them, a few are cool. Like the Boba Fett.
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

I never liked so i had passed. I remember that some of them came with coins, much like the old POTF coins. It was a 3 coin set, so i ended up buying those three coins off of some guy so i wouldnt have to buy the figures.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I think I have a Bend-ems Chewbacca floating around some where. Is that part of this series?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I had some of them (YUCKA!) and just gave them away to my friend's little nephew who will open them and have a good time playing so that suits me just fine...I got tired of them taking up space in my continually growing starwars storage and just wanted them GONE!

To this day, I still have no idea what possessed me to buy them
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I wanted to buy them until I got a good look at them. The Bespin Luke turned me off the most. I thought he most god offal figure I had seen. But my story has a happy ending as I never did waste the money them.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I bought all of them, and loved them and still do.

People looking at them now think they are horrid. Although that was back in the early 90's. There wasn't a SW section in stores. We had Zahn novels, Nintendo/computer SW games, and a few Dark Horse comics.

When Bend Ems hit stores, it was awesome. While they aren't the greatest. It still was a SW item in the stores and created a tiny SW section in the toy department.

The only problem I have with them now is a few of my gift packs seemed to have yellowed (which I here is common with the line).
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

With everone else hating them I am glad I got them all. in 20years they will be the lost toys that no one has.
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

Well, it's already been ten years and still most people don't want them. (just playin' with ya)

I seriously couldn't give them away, except to a 5 year old boy, not even on SSG!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I have all except the Boba Fett & Luke X-Wing. OK things. Not the best but they were cool at the time. The Ackbar and Royal Guard are my favorites.

I remember my very first Star Wars item was a Bend-´em C-3PO
    I got in Italy back then. Or course there his name wasn`t 3PO.
    I also remember my older cousine asking why I didn´t buy R2 instead since she liked him better (I got in SW because of C-3PO, I thought he looked cool). Anyway, in 1998 I bought the ROTJ giftpack because of Boba Fett.

Today I think these figures are silly. I only like 3PO because of the sentimental value.

P.S.: How bendable is R2?
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] "You haven´t LEARNED anything, Anakin!"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTC´s Forbidden Love trailer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Bashing the Prequels is like bashing sex.[/COLOR]