Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Piese

Bonnie Piese

Is Beru coming back for Episode III ?

The official site listed Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars but I didn't notice Beru yet . . . I guess it doesn't matter anyway since George cut her down to an insulting "hello" in the last movie.

I don't think Aunt Beru would be needed. All we need to see is a small (2 minute?) scene of Obi-Wan handing over Luke to Owen.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I don't think Aunt Beru would be needed. All we need to see is a small (2 minute?) scene of Obi-Wan handing over Luke to Owen.

PENDO!
    But who will hand out the blue milk?
    "Trust me, it’s paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the Globe in search of something we haven’t Tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what, it’s probably worth it."

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar

I guess it doesn't matter anyway since George cut her down to an insulting "hello" in the last movie.
    Yea I agree. When the scene was over, I thought, "What the......."
    There wasn't even a deleted scene with an extension of her prescence.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Was there going to be more from Bonnie in Episode II then, I just thought that 'hello' was it!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jek Porky 2002
    Was there going to be more from Bonnie in Episode II then, I just thought that 'hello' was it!
    I don't know if it was ever filmed, but I think there was a scene in the AOTC novel where Beru & Padme have a heart-to-heart in the Lars homestead kitchen about their hopes for the future.

There are certainly scenes in one of the earliest chapters of the novel where the reader is treated to a description of a four-way food-fight between Shmi, Cliegg, Owen and Beru.... I very much doubt that THAT scene was ever filmed, though!

EDIT - I've just had a look at that script that was available from SuperShadow's site about a month before AOTC was released, and I see that Beru did have at least one other line at one point, just as Anakin brings Shmi's body home:

BERU (V.O.)
    Come topside, everybody! He's
    back! He's back!
    Last edited by kdp100; 07-02-2003 at 11:02 AM.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

I remember hearing a spoiler about Beru talking to Padmé and mentioning that she can't have children. I thought this would have been heart warming as Padmé may request that she looks after Luke when he's in hiding from Vader .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I agree. That would have given the saga a little more "heart." From what I understood, both Joel and Bonnie were a little more than surprised when they saw what little there was left of their performances when the film came out. Both actors were on the talk circuit drumming up interest in the film and spoke of many scenes in which Beru and Owen spoke and interacted with Anakin and Padmé. I think Joel even said he felt a little foolish when the film came out there as relatively nothing left of their performances.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post

The official site listed Joel Edgerton as Owen Lars but I didn't notice Beru yet . . . I guess it doesn't matter anyway since George cut her down to an insulting "hello" in the last movie.
    She'll be lucky to even get that much!

I want a side-movie about Beru falling for the rogue Jedi livin' up yonder beyond the Dune Sea...a passionate love affair takes place while Owen works and becomes even more cranky about everything.

Ewan McGregor in Young Adam Obi-Wan