Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

George Lucas figure!?!?

Over at TF.N they have an article about upcoming EII figures and they have busts of characters they Real Scanned, guess what, they Real Scanned GL and have a bust of him.

Could a figure be on the way?

Just FYI.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I think i seen that and I beleive those were custom figures
    but it would be nice to have a George Lucas figure

Wolfwood is talking about the realscan of GL that was made during the production of Ep2, not the Japanese import doll that came out a couple years ago.

As for a Lucas figure mixed in with the Star Wars line, my only response is a resounding NO!!

Agree with Barada on this one... that would be a terrible idea!!! George is NOT a ficitonal character in the STAR WARS universe and has no business being made into a figure.

...besides that, you'd have to follow it up with a Rick McCallum figure and you KNOW that would be a total pegwarmer!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

To bad they don't release a Rick McCallum fig with a commtech chip. All you'll get is 3 lines of Rick cussing up a storm like a sea sailor.

Arrrr matey!
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

gentle giant, the company that does the real scans was on the set of episode 2 scanning the actors, and i bet just for kicks they got lucas to sit for a "real scan". a lucas action figure would sell probably as well as another tatooine luke. (not very well)

Yeah they probably just scanned him for the fun of it and not to make a figure of him...EVER!!!! At least with the new blue cards he could blend in... just a thought
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

You know what? Why not? He could be in his classic flannels & jeans outfit, but come with a removable cloak a la Mace 2 & Chocobi-Wan, a new lightsaber design, and a clap board. At the worst, we have a new jedi in a cloak.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Did you notice how flat that realscan process makes peoples faces? ooh, nasty pancake face!
    I read somewhere that people are speculating again that the figure being released at Celebration II is gonna be Georgey boy. Here we go again This happens every time we get an exclusive convention figure, "Hey Earl, ya think it'll be a Lucas figure? cool..." NOT COOL! Who the hell would want an action figure of a fat middle aged man in a check shirt and flannels? Especially one with no action features and a chin so large the neck is undiscernable and therefore negates head turning. I sincerely hope they never make a George figure unless it's in a line of decently sculpted 12" Movie directors or something. More in the doll line than toy. Statues are different too. Certain subjects belong in certain areas and film directors do not belong in action figure markets. Porcelain busts or pewter statues are a different kettle of fish altogether and a george lucas done in these medium would not look amiss. Anyone agree?

I've said this before but if...IF they release a G.Lu figure they should release all sorts of crew mwmbers like grips and cameramen and sound guys. And also have accesories like cameras and blue screens and half built sets so we could make little dioramea of the SHOOTING of the films. I'd buy a few of those...