Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Padme NOT appearing in Classic Trilogy

Confirmed by Ric Mcallum in the newest issue of SW Insider. My apologies if this was already posted.

Was she rumored to be added to to the OT in the Archival Edition? I hadn't heard that.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Yep....there was a lot of talk about this rumor awhile back.

It was rumoured that she was to appear in a new scene in ROTJ for the Archival Editions. The Archival Editions HAVE been confirmed, but what will be in them hasn't yet .

A BIG rumor for it is seeing Bail on Alderaan before it blows up.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I thought Padme was dead by the time ANH came around. News to me. I think it would be dumb to stick her in the Archive Editions. Just leave well enough alone already.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Okay, I'm new and I'm usually the last to know anything anyway, what are these archive editions you guys are talking about ? Is this something that will be made available to the public ? Sorry if these are dumb questions. but I haven't heard of this yet. Thanks, Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE
    Okay, I'm new and I'm usually the last to know anything anyway, what are these archive editions you guys are talking about ? Is this something that will be made available to the public ? Sorry if these are dumb questions. but I haven't heard of this yet. Thanks, Blade.
    Just think of them as the Special Special Editions! Now instead of Greedo just shooting first, there is a big massive gun shootout in the cantina. And the Cantina music will now be replaced by a big comedic song sung by Jar Jar Binks, oh who also turns out to be Darth Vader, it's not Anakin !

Ok, I was being sarcastinc a bit there, but during the filming of the Prequels, George has been shooting some extra scenes to add into the Calssic Trilogy for when it is released on DVD. One rumoured scene is a shot of Bail organa on Alderaan just before it blows up, and Padmé was also rumoured to be in ROTJ, which has now thankfully been denied .

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

How likely is it that the cut scenes from the OT will be finished up and finally added in?

Hey Pendo, thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing, my only disappointments in the Special Editions were that Greedo fired 1st, the Luke/Biggs Tatooine scene wasn't added to ANH and in TESB they didn't add in the scene where C-3P0 tricks some Imperial Snowtroopers into getting attacked by the Wampa the Rebels had captured.

It could be cool to see some deleted scenes in there, but you know George, he deleted them for a reason so he probably won't put them back in . The only one I think is NEEDED to explain Biggs in Episode IV is the Biggs/Luke scenes that were cut, but George deffo will not add them back in because someone (Francis Ford Coppola I think...) said it made Star Wars look like American Grafiti in space. Plus if he included the deleted scenes back into the movie, there would be not to include on the DVD as extras !

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection