Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question So are we getting a Sandcrawler or what?

I haven't heard anything about this in a while. Does anybody out there know if this is going to be done?

I keep hearing the same things over and over again. But basically it sounds like the sandcrawler is in limbo, an exclusive with out a home. It might not see the light of day for a while, and even then it could be an on-line exclusive. But of the few rumors I have heard, none of them have been good, and nothing on a release date.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

That's pretty much what I was going to add. Hasbro's willing to make it as long as someone picks it up.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    We might be celebrating a bit early, but lets hope everything works out in the end. Steve updated the main page with the following note on the Sandcrawler.
    UPDATE: Hasbro has informed us that they jumped the gun a little with the information above when in fact negotiations are still being worked out so nothing is confirmed yet. We also learned that it [Sandcrawler] will be retooled (not using the existing vintage mold). We will keep you informed on this highly anticipated item as soon as information is available. As always, information is subject to change.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Lets hope it gets picked up and that we get a pack-in figure as well since this could be in the same $$$ price range as the Imperial Shuttle.

R1-G4 seems like an obvious choice since Hasbro knows we want it from the Fan's Choice Poll. Knowing Hasbro though it will probably be a Jawa or nothing at all.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Well, the mock-up version had a Jawa and RA-7 (Silver Death Star Droid Re-paint). I don't think they'd do something like R1-G4 as the pack-in with the Sandcrawler. Would be nice to see it released though, maybe in the upcoming new Deluxe line with a couple Jawa's or R5-D4.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fantastic, an all new mold not the useless vintage one. That's cheerfull news indeed. I'm sure someone will pick it up if it's retooled. That may have been the deciding factor in not picking it up. That it was ging to be the vintage mold which wouldn't have stood up well in todays market. A retooled version is a much beter option IMO, allows for new innovations and play features, A place to store the upcoming deluxe escape pod and also get a decent droid hold opening at the front instead of the side. Get the details right and the correct tracks. Perhaps illuminate the cockpit. I wondered why the escape pod coming with C-3PO was so small and now it makes sense, it'll fit inside the sandcrawler. hmmm food for thought indeed. New Jawas too hopefully in the Tatooine wave next year. Perhaps an army builder set of three or four. Packed similarly to the clonetroopers etc. R1-G4 and R5-D4, Throw in a new Uncle Owen and a cantina alien or two. Cool beans wave. I can't see a pack in figure happening if they spend so much to retool it. Or rather, make a new mold.

EDIT: over on another site a report states that it's due in the fourth quarter of 2004 and will be 90% retooled. And the deluxe cantina bar wave will be headed to a US store exclusively sometime early 2004.
    Last edited by Jargo; 07-19-2003 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    over on another site a report states that it's due in the fourth quarter of 2004 and will be 90% retooled. And the deluxe cantina bar wave will be headed to a US store exclusively sometime early 2004.
    Fabulous news, Jargo. Especially on the Cantina Wave 2. Thanks for the heads up. I don't know about the Escape Pod being made small so it would fit inside the Sandcrawler though. You know Hasbro's mindset, they like to accurately depict the movies, so that would be using to much imagination.

And yeah, it's a shame the Escape Pod is a bit underscale. But it wasn't enormous in the movies either. After all, look how cramped it was with C-3PO and R2-D2 inside. And then how small it appeared next to the Imperial Sandtroopers. Even if it was buried in the sand.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Bimls

Here's the full report from Galactic Hunter. Nice to see that us U.S. folks won't have to resort to on-line E-Tailers or Ebay for Cantina Wave 2.
    Sandcrawler and Cantina Sets On The Way In 2004
    7/19/2003 10:12:17 AM | Reported by Adam_May

Galactic Hunter Edtior Michael Sullenger spoke with Hasbro's Star Wars Brand Marketing Manager, Jeff Popper, at Comic-Con 2003 to dig up the latest on some mysterious pieces spotted in earlier this year, the Sandcrawler and Wave 2 of the Cantina Assortment.

According to Popper the Cantina Sets (click the image to check out our Galactic Preview) were released early in Asia due to a miscomunication. These sets are due to hit an American retailer as an exclusive in 2004. Stay tuned! Galactic Hunter will let you know as soon as we know when and where these sets will emerge.

Popper also noted the Sandcrawler vehicle, which was expected to see release this year. Hasbro decided to retool the vintage piece, and offer it at a later time. The new Sandcrawler will feature 90% new tooling, according to Jeff Popper, and it should see release in the fourth quarter (October through December) of 2004.

You can check out a mock-up piece that we previewed earlier this year by clicking the image. As always, stay tuned to Galactic Hunter, and we will keep you up to date on all the latest news on the Star Wars brand.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks