Star Wars reference in Liquid Plumber commercial

If you happen to watch closely during a Liquid Plumber (or some similar product) you'll see the THX-1138 reference. This particular commerical shows an FBI raid on a house with the view being from a video camera. There is the standard random symbols and text that they always add to a fake video feed to make it seem like it was really filmed that way but you have to look in the lower right corner.

There you see: X-1138-TH

I know it isn't exactly THX-1138 but it's pretty safe to assume that someone in the production crew knew what they were doing and did a small salute to SW/GL in the only way they could without bringing down the lawyers.

Star Wars can be found in the most amazing places sometimes.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I like how the camera cuts from angle to angle without a passing second and presumably no cameraman.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yes, that's very similar to the video that KITT on Knight Rider would be able to provide for Micheal Knight. Amazing.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

KITT was a very advanced computer, I think he had a beta version of Adobe Premiere loaded in his software around the time of season 2 (you'll notice that this is when the video wipes get more digital when the screen shuts down).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Yes, that's very similar to the video that KITT on Knight Rider would be able to provide for Micheal Knight. Amazing.

Or the impossible LIVE footage of Anakin's podracer on Schmi's Magic Mirror Viewmaster during The Phantom Menace.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Or the impossible LIVE footage of Anakin's podracer on Schmi's Magic Mirror Viewmaster during The Phantom Menace.
    Hey Now!!!

You know darn well it was a really fast moving camera droid!!!!!

By the way what is the 1138 suppose to refer to?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    I'll get the ball rolling. George Lucas' first film was THX-1138, with Robert Duvall starring (I think; I get DeNiro and Duvall mixed up occasionally). It was based on his USC student film Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB. So it's been put in a few of his films, like an Easter egg, and even in others' as homages to him. Bob Falfa's license plate was THX1138 in American Graffitti.

But you probably already knew that. Maybe scruffziller's question is "what does 1138 mean to Lucas"? Easy. Lucas found out that it's the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop. Seriously, I don't know about that one...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Hey Now!!!

You know darn well it was a really fast moving camera droid!!!!!
    Why not, they had the mini-cam droids in the Senate, no reason they wouldn't have'em built to track the racers at a Podrace.

Maybe it was Lucas' beta version of '1337' (Leet/Elite)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"