Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Death Star Hallway

If only Hasbro could come up with a playset like this with lighted panels, ceiling and blast doors to boot.

A Tremor in The Force
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Question

Still not convinced that this will make a great playset?

Missed Opportunity
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

I see you took my idea and put the Jedi Robe from the Ep1 Tatooine accesory pack on POTJ Old Ben. Looks pretty sweet.

I've been nagging Hasbro for years about cool modular playsets with hallways and such, I'm still on board!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Question

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I see you took my idea and put the Jedi Robe from the Ep1 Tatooine accesory pack on POTJ Old Ben. Looks pretty sweet.
    The first time I saw old Ben, my immediate thought was about his missing Jedi robe. When I got it, I tried the other plastic robes from the other figures if it would fit. That's the time I got the cloth robe from the accessory pack and had it on him ever since. In this case, it was also my idea through T&E of how it came to be. Then again "Great minds think alike!".
    Originally posted by JediTricks
    I've been nagging Hasbro for years about cool modular playsets with hallways and such, I'm still on board!
    I just hope that they won't put some stupid-looking guns hooked up like what they did to the Detention Cell and Escape playset.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

The key is to not add the guns when assembling those. But you're right, I hate that Hasbro feels everything has to have a stupid kiddie gimmick that is huge and ugly and out of place.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Modular Playsets!

originally posted by Rollo Tomassi in the old forums
    Sectional Playsets #1: Cantina
    4-20-2001 - 05:35 PM
    Playsets that come in sections to keep the costs down but are specifically designed to connect into one larger playset. Each one comes with an exclusive action figure. Buy the ones you want.

Section #1: Central Bar Playset with Dannik Jeriko figure. Long and Skinny with all those tubes and pipes in the middle for making drinks. All the other sections attach around the edge. Retail $35

Section #2: Entrance gantry and steps with light and sound droid detector and BoShek(Ed Note. Hem Dazon instead!!) figure. Connects to short side of Central Bar. Retail $15

Section #3: Han/Greedo confrontation recess with Corulag spacer figure. Recreate the famous showdown with an action chair that throws Greedo from the table. Connects next to Entry gantry. Retail $15

Section #4: Stage recess area with Dice Ibegon figure. Comes with two tiers for your Bith band to play. Retail $15

Section #5: Basic Table with Tonnika Sister figure. Fill in the gaps between the specialized playsets with a basic table playset and fill it with all your figures. Retail $10

For the die hard collector a hundred dollars gets you a full size realistic diorama of Chalmun's cantina and a whole slew of new figures to populate it!! Beats the pants off the cardboard version.

Something like this??

Modular Playsets!

or this???

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi in the old forums
    Sectional Playsets #2: Jabba's Palace
    4-22-2001 - 10:13 AM
    Playsets that come in cheaper, easier to produce sections, but join into super dioramas. Each one comes with an exclusive new figure.

Section #1: His Excellency's Main Audience Chamber with New Jabba figure. Jabba's dias sits at one end with a real working trapdoor release under it. Slide it forward to open the working trapdoor under Luke's feet.
    Retail $35.

Section #2:Han in Carbonite decoration recess with Cane Adiss figure. Attaches to the Main Audience Chamber set on the left. Has a real raising and lowering mechanism for your Carbonite Han figure. Retail $15

Section #3: Max Rebo band's performance dias with Ak-Rev figure. Includes two tiers big enough for all your band members and dancers including a giant drum set for Ak-Rev. Attaches to Main Audience Chamber on the right. Retail $15

Section#4: Entry stairway with BG-J38 Droid. Has a real archway with wind chimes and a stand for BG droid. Attaches at front right corner of Main Audience Chamber. Retail $15

Section #5: Table recesses with Jawa w/fanning leaf. Fill in the gaps around the edge of you Main Auidence Chamber. Retail $10

Once again, for a hundred bones or so, you, the die hard collector, can have a complex diorama and plenty of cool new figures to stick in it. For even more fun, use it with Jabba's Palace Door playset with one eyed security droid. And Jabba's Dungeon Sectional Playsets including Droid Workshop, Dungeon, and Rancor Pit playsets...For more information see :
    Sectional Playsets #3: Jabba's Dungeon. Coming Soon...(Ed note. I never finished this one...)
    Any thoughts?

Modular Playsets!

or how about this?

Sectional Playsets #3: Cloud City Proper
    4-27-2001 - 05:12 PM
    Sectional playsets are sets that are sold individually to keep the price down, but connect together to form a larger playset diorama. Each set comes with an exclusive action figure.

Section #1: Landing platform with catwalk and entrance. Comes with an Exclusive Bespin Security Guard. This set can double as both the Falcon platform and you can purchase a second one for the SLAVE 1 and place it at the opposite end of your mega playset. Retail $20

Section #2: Central hallway with exclusive Alien Security Guard Utris M'tok. Comes with raised steps, elevator area and Beldon Eye Statue. All the other pieces connect to this. Retail $25

Section #3: Droid Blast antechamber with "E chu ta" droid. Blast 3PO to pieces with secret floor button! Connects to main hallway. Retail $15

Section #4: Guest Quarters with New Bespin Gown Leia sculpt. Connects to left of main hallway. Retail $15

Section #5: Banquet Hall with exclusive new resculpt of Han, or Vader or Fett...Comes with an opening door and long table full of refreshments. Connects to right of Main Hallway. Retail $20.

Section #6: Interrogation room with Torture chair and exclusive new Stormtrooper sculpt. Retail $15.

Section #7: Detension Area with Black Bespin Security Guard. Comes with slide out bed for an interrogated Solo to crash on. Retail $15.

Section #8: Side Hallway with Cloud City Citizen. Fill in the gaps with this piece. Have Luke sneak in the side way or use it to connect to Reactor core duel Sectional Playsets including Carbonite Freezing Chamber. Comes with interchangeable wall or railing to simulate Chewie, Leia, and Landos race through Cloud City. Retail $10

This one costs a little more to get the full effect (Just wait until the Death Star Sectionals!!) but for around $150 you can have a sprawling cloud city of your very own!!
    How about this old pipe dream...

Modular Playsets!

..and it connects to...

Sectional Playsets #4: Cloud City Reactor(Jedi Duel)
    5-11-2001 - 12:55 AM
    Sectional Playsets are sets you can buy individually to keep prices down, but connect together to make supercool dioramas. This particular playset series CAN connect to the Cloud City Proper playset if you want (and if you have enough room...) As always, each playset comes with an exclusive figure.

Section #1: Cloud City Incinerator with exclusive Ugnaught figure. Comes with a break apart IG-88 droid and moving conveyor belt. Plenty of junk lying around, too. Retail $15.

Section #2: Expanded Carbonite Chamber with Bespin Guard. Giant staircase adds on to existing Carbon Playset to recreate the Jedi Duel between Vader and Luke. Retail $20.

Section #3: Reactor Control Room with Exclusive Vader figure. Giant two-level playset comes with giant break away window and "flying" debris to knock Luke out onto outside walkway. Retail $30.

Section #4: Chasm Catwalk with exclusive Bespin Luke. Comes with "Sliced apart" piping to recreate Vader and Luke's ominous "I am your Father" scene.
    Retail $20.

Section #5. Hallway playset with opening doors and interior lights. Use it to connect the other sections together. Retail $10.

There you have it. For less than a hundred sawbucks, a killer recreation of the coolest scene in cinematic history...
    RE: Sectional Playsets #4: Cloud City Reactor(Jedi Duel)
    6-07-2001 - 05:05 PM
    And you can place it at the end of a table, so when Luke falls, he really falls...

''Remember Sammy Jankis. Don't believe his lies.''