Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman

Spiderman

Just saw a comercial while i was browsing through the channels. It's for a brand new Spiderman show airing on MTV, next Friday at ten. At first i thought it was for a new video game or something by the way they started it up, but they said it was a show. The showed a shot of the kingpin, what i thought was the lizard, a bunch of shots of spidey, and more that i couldn't figure out. So if your interested, check this out next friday at 10 pm.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Yeah I saw that add too. I've heard nothing about it but it looked pretty cool. From what little narrartion I heard in the commercial I'm assuming it's going to take place while Peter Parker attends college.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Is it live action or a cartoon?

I saw the cast lineup on my ReplayTV. Going by the cast names it sounds like a cartoon. Neil Patrick Harris, Lisa Loeb, Michael Dorn, Rob Zombie, Stan Lee.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 07-06-2003 at 08:29 AM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Is it live action or a cartoon?

I saw the cast lineup on my ReplayTV.
    Ah a fellow ReplayTV user.
    I did the same search a few nights ago and was surprised with a few of the names listed. I saw Michael Clark Duncan on the list as well, most likely doing the voice of Kingpin. I wonder who Rob Zombie will voice? It's to bad it didn't give a show description but then MTV rarely does.

The commercials they're running are animated. Peter Parker is the only one heard and is voiced by Neil Patrick Harris. The animation looks good but the show could be completely different than the ad.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

yeah by the commercial it looks like it is cartoon, with some pretty cool animation. I will be tooning in to see what it's about.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Ah a fellow ReplayTV user.
    Wow, I thought I was alone........

Yea the more I listen around the more people like Replay than TiVo.:happy:
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Yes it is a new animated series on MTV with a celebrity voice case. I personally was excited when this project was announced back when the movie came out, but after seeing the commercials for it on MTV I think it looks absoutly horrible. The animation looks lame. It almost looks like an animatitic for a movie. One of those pre-viz things they make for movies that are just rough ideas of what the movie will look like. And Doogie Howser as Spider-Man.............oh boy

***spoilers***

I watched the show and thought the "animatic" style worked well. It was pretty good imo. I didnt catch the begining but spidey was fighting some green ninja chic w/ a magic sword. I don't remember her name. It was a lot more violent than the fox spidey toon on fox. I never really liked the animation in that anyway.
    Your signature here!

SPOILERS

I caught both episodes (had the first one on at 10 and then the one you're talking about Slayer at 10:30). It was very very good IMHO. The animation was very sweet and i loved the fighting scenes. It was hella more violent than the fox cartoon (I counted about 5-6 deaths in two episodes, one beheading included!). The first two eps are great, but i think it'll get hella awesome once more regular spidey villians hop on in. Way to go MTV!! About time you did something worthwhile...now, try playing VIDEOS..that'll work too.

Also, any word on if these'll get some action figure treatment? just curious.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

yeah i too caught these episodes, this show rocks. I love this new show, MTV has gained my respect once again.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34