best way to ship figurines?

read: cheapest that will not risk them being smooshed?

Quote Originally Posted by dbri
    read: cheapest that will not risk them being smooshed?
    If you are talking about mailing loose figures. I would suggest you use a used check box w/ bubble wrap or syofoam(sp) peanuts. If you go to store you could just buy a padded envelope, it's about a buck. I have had figures mailed to me with no harm done.

Hope that helps

DK

Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

Question Hmm...

Figures as in 3 3/4" Kenner ones, or figurines as in ceramic or die cast Micro Collection ones? There's a difference. I wouldn't use a padded envelope if it's the latter (figurines).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I did state figures, but your right BCJ there is a big difference betwen the two.
    Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.

the old kenner plastic ones, yeah, 4" tall or whatever. not any of that other stuff.

Think of it this way. The less money you spend on shipping the less chance it will be handled well. Insurance is a must if it's really expensive stuff and that ain't cheap. Also if your shipping it to someone for a transaction you need to pay for signing on delivery. However insured does include the signing. Then there is the priority of mailing. With all this complication avoid the postal service.

Go to UPS which provides tracking service with every package. Pay for the best priority for the type of piece. If it's a $20 vintage B-Wing pilot ship it standard. If it's a $1,000 plus Yak Face pay for the care!

Packing is your choice of care. Buble wrap, packing corn and other paid for packing material can add up. Pack your carded figures face to face and then tightly but gently wrap them with a paper towel four or five times. Then wrap the paper towel to the other exposed areas. Then just use newspaper if the box is firm. If your using a old box pay for the packing material.

I used to own a Star Wars/comic store called Scene 70 so we used to do allot of mailing via Ebay, and common out of state calls. UPS can be counted on, just don't loose the tracking #. As for the packing it's all good if you have a good box.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.