Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senator Ackbar?

Senator Ackbar?

Latest set diary discussed an un-named Mon Calamari who would be a senator in Episode III. I think we can all persume that this will be Admiral Ackbar ! Mon Mothma and Senator Ackbar will have a great heroic effect in ROTJ when they appear on screen at the rebel briefing .

PENDO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ackbar.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	6244  
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I am so glad he won't be CGI.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Oh . . . my . . . GOD!!!!!!!!!

Episode III is so gonna rock! This is awesome!!!!!!!! And I too am glad he won't be CGI, and he's not a hand puppet anymore either!

I think I'll be kind of disappointed if it turns out he isn't Tarkin's assistant in this one. Of course, it'd still be pretty cool to see him as a senator also. I do have one question though, what gives you guys the idea that he will be a senator anyway? Where'd that notion come from?

Whether that's the admiral (no not the rum) or not, their was a senator of his species discussed in a Set Diary.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't the fact that he was Tarkins assistant an EU thing? As we know EU means nothing to GL. I too hope it's him, and he has at least a speaking part. Ackbar is one of my favorite characters.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I just want to hear hi o that sucking/slurping intake of air and then i'll know it's him.

I want to hear him once again utter the greatest line in star wars history.....

"It's a TRAP!"

It's got to be Ackbar, think about it, why would they go to the trouble of saying "an un-named Mon Calamari Senator" ? Ackbar is the only {canon} Mon Calamari name that we know, if it wasn't Ackbar, they would have just said the name bacause it wouldn't have meant anything to us. I think we'll see Mon Mothma and Ackbar start up The Rebel Alliance.

Unless of course the Senator is as yet "un-named". You know, as in 'he doesn't have a name yet'? If it really were Ackbar and they were trying to keep that secret, why on earth do you suppose they'd even bother to show us like we couldn't guess that the Mon Cal mask that we were seeing, and that Lucasfilm can't tell us the name of because it's some big surprise was Ackbar?