Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yareal Poof was pulled for the Kaminoans

Being one of the few SW fans that liked Jedi Master Yareal Poof, even I barely noticed his absence in EP II, but apparently he was pulled from the council so audiences wouldn't confuse him for a Kaminoan cloner. I suppose that makes sense, but I still think it's weird to torpedo the guy so another race can live, it's not like Eeth Koth was pulled because he looked too much like Maul (for good reason).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

But even though he wasn't in Ep2, he's still going to be confused with them when the movies are watched as a trilogy anyway, like they're supposed to be . I think they should have designed the Kaminoans differently anyway, I didn't like their design too much.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    But even though he wasn't in Ep2, he's still going to be confused with them when the movies are watched as a trilogy anyway, like they're supposed to be . I think they should have designed the Kaminoans differently anyway, I didn't like their design too much.

PENDO!
    Yea that is an excellent point Pendo. I would have placed that in your reputation but I already have given some before.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I think they should have designed the Kaminoans differently anyway, I didn't like their design too much.
    Wow! Really??!! I thought the design and execution of the Kaminoans was about the best part of the creature animation in that film. There were such nice subtleties in their character that they seemed most believable...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Off topic, but JEDIpartnr, since your Avatar is Stitch, did you notice how the head alien in Lilo & Stitch is VERY similar looking to a Kaminoan?
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

What the Hell was Lucas thinking, Poof is da Man! He's much better than that stupid Dinosaur Head Jedi, which I'm glad got killed by Jango.

Poof is also confused with Gasgano all the time.

HEY! Leave Coleman Trebor alone! He's great!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Arse
    Off topic, but JEDIpartnr, since your Avatar is Stitch, did you notice how the head alien in Lilo & Stitch is VERY similar looking to a Kaminoan?
    I DID notice that and some similarities in some of the other aliens in the court. It was a great little film. :happy:
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    I DID notice that and some similarities in some of the other aliens in the court. It was a great little film. :happy:
    Show a pic of this leader alien look a like.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I like Yareal Poof; he was cool. All they would have to have done was show Yareal's extra set of arms and (for heaven's sake) let him stand up sometimes!!! This (IMO) would have done away with any confusion as far as mistaking him for a Kaminoan. If they let him stand up in a scene, this would have done away with any confusion as far as mistaking him for the pod racer Gasgano. He could have...no SHOULD have...lived on to be in Episodes 2 AND 3.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.