Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When are we going to get a Droideka figure?

Yes, a Droideka not a Destroyer Droid. The Droideka would be able to fold up and have a plastic shield bubble.

Difference being...? I doubt we'll ever get a folding one or one with a shield. Just no real need for them after we've gotten several Droideka figures already. *shrugs*
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well I meant they call it a Droideka on the card.

I'm all for a fold-up droideka, I just don't see it happening...ever.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The lame thing is, is that here we have the company that makes Transformers and they can't figure out how to make the destroyer droid fold up. I should say that wont, not can't. They probaby say it costs to much, well make it a deluxe. They say it will be to delicate (kids will break it), kids don't by these toys. You name it Hasbro has the answers

Well, first let me say that kids do buy these toys. However, that discussion is for another time.

Chances are a destroyer droid that folds up into a nice little ball is not really possible in the 3 3/4 scale. There are no transformers that small that have that sort of transforming ability. The Mini-Cons don't have that many transforming parts.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that when Lucasfilm designed a destroyer droid, they didn't realy have to think of how it would fold up. I mean, they draw it and the CGI guys make it fold. Doesn't have to be logical or mechanicaly sound. So, that would leave it up to a Hasbro toy guy to do it, and that is asking a lot.

There are a couple of options for one that is always folded up, and that should satisfy any diorama needs. As for playability, I think the Destroyer Dorids can be some of the most fun figs around. If you have the first issue from TMP. A lot of the other kind of bite .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by icatch9
    Well, first let me say that kids do buy these toys. However, that discussion is for another time.

Chances are a destroyer droid that folds up into a nice little ball is not really possible in the 3 3/4 scale. There are no transformers that small that have that sort of transforming ability. The Mini-Cons don't have that many transforming parts.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that when Lucasfilm designed a destroyer droid, they didn't realy have to think of how it would fold up. I mean, they draw it and the CGI guys make it fold. Doesn't have to be logical or mechanicaly sound. So, that would leave it up to a Hasbro toy guy to do it, and that is asking a lot.

There are a couple of options for one that is always folded up, and that should satisfy any diorama needs. As for playability, I think the Destroyer Dorids can be some of the most fun figs around. If you have the first issue from TMP. A lot of the other kind of bite .
    Kids buy SW toys? WOW thats news to me. Most adults can't even find figures. Anyways it could be done.

It could be done but we will never get one. I wouldnt mind one. If they ever did make one it would either be a deluxe or 12".
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by turbowars
    Kids buy SW toys?
    Well, no ... kids don't buy anything, their parents buy toys for them.

I suppose if we were going to get one, it would have happened by now. Would have been nice in this Clone Wars set that's just coming out instead of the hockey puck.
    plasticfetish.net