Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Palpatine/Sidious connection

I know that this has probablly been beat to death here but I'm new so bear with me. My curiosity is does anyone agree that the whole sidious is palpatine thing is to easy. I mean I remember McCallum saying somewhere that they were definately the same. However that seems to easy for Mr. Lucas ie; luke/ leia twins vader their father. I think there has to be a big shock value in the last of the prequels since there wasn't really anything big and shocking in the past two. Thoughts?
    "For what it's worth, Fett, you were never more than a nuisance"
    Ret. Galaxies BH an Alliance Pilot
    WoW 60 night elf Hunter, take that SOE

This has been something that has woried me for some time... it IS to easy...

If Sidious and Palpy turns out to be different people it would be one of the worst things George could possibly do.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I understand where you are coming from, George likes consistancy, with the titles, with the scenes, heck, even the wipes are the exact same number of frames. I think he may be a bit obsessive-compulsive, but that's a topic for another thread.

I don't think George is gonna do a "shocker" with Palpatine/Sidious, and here's why....

1. It's too late.
    2. It's the wrong story.

It's too late because of Georges' consistancy, remember the big shocker was revealed at the end of the second movie. Hence, if George was gonna lay one on us it would have been at the end of E2. Instead, the "shocker" was that Anakin and Padme' were married in secret. Sure we knew they would end up together, but we didn't know that they tried to keep the marriage a secret.

It's the wrong story, because George has said that this is Anakin's story. So if he were to reveal that Palpatine and Sidious were different people he would effectively detract from the Anakin story. I don't think George would do that, it's bad story writing.

Just my 2 cents.
    May the force be with you.

True and as so far all paths lead to palpy being sidious. so much as I've noticed Just a few lines here and there such as "we'll be watching your career closely" and what not. I do agree that it would detract from the story being it is based off of anakin. I just feel that there may be the "holy crap I never saw that coming scene" My other curiosity is if Padme is going to buck the kicket or if she ends up with Bail

and one other thing sidious had like zero screentime if they are different and could seriously dig another yoda stompin on dagobah that would rock. wishful thinking I suppose

Palpatine and Sidious are obviously the same, how can they not be? Not only are they played by the same guy, but they're never in two different places at once. And besides, Sidious has the same clothes as Palpatine does in ROTJ, that can't be coincidence.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Palpatine and Sidious are obviously the same, how can they not be? Not only are they played by the same guy, but they're never in two different places at once. And besides, Sidious has the same clothes as Palpatine does in ROTJ, that can't be coincidence.

Valid points all I'm saying is it's awfully easy for Mr. Shocker George Lucas. It'sa not like palpy can't go to the local dark lord of the sith shop and pick up his evil dark jedi outfit. Aside from that Warwick Davis has played like what three or different charachters throughout the trilogy

Read the databank entries at www.starwars.com about Darth Sidious and Senator Palpatine. It is obvious that the two are one in the same. Everyone knows that Sidious has been playing "both sides of the fence". It would be ridiculous and outrageous for the two to be different people. I will bet anyone a Benjamin that they are the same. Anyone want the bet???
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader
    Read the databank entries at www.starwars.com about Darth Sidious and Senator Palpatine. It is obvious that the two are one in the same. Everyone knows that Sidious has been playing "both sides of the fence". It would be ridiculous and outrageous for the two to be different people. I will bet anyone a Benjamin that they are the same. Anyone want the bet???
    I honestly don't have enough faith in that theory to take the bet, the other thing I'm wondering is if there will in fact be some sort of showdown on dagobah to explain why there is a dark presence in the cave

Anyone think old Palpy may be Anakins daddy?
    Sorry doesn't put thumbs on the hand....