Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R2-D2: Necissary Re-sculpts

Today we continue with everyone's favorite lil astromech, R2-D2. Now, I need to clear up, while I did use the term re-sculpt in the header, most of these are very different and would be what I consider, all new versions of him. Again this is the original trilogy only. Be sure to post your ideas and comments on mine.So let's go.

ANH:
    R2-D2: Trench Battle Damage

ESB:
    R2-D2: Dagobah (w/power charger)

ROTJ:
    R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender (w/ Drink tray)
    R2-D2: Bunker damage (w/ all his doors and ports open)

That's all I can think of for the 3 movies, I'm suprised that the Dagobah version, as well as the bartender haven't been made yet. I figure that with all the doors and such open, the bunker damage one would have to be deluxe.

The best of both worlds for the bartender R2 is for it to have a removable tray and a pop up lightsaber hilt. Hell, don't even make it firing so that ya don't have to make the saber ignited (not to mention the insane oversized middle leg). Just turn his head and the hilt pops up out of a hole that opens in his dome.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I don't think that many R2's are necessary. I think just one, that comes with a drink tray, and a majority of his gizmos, is more than enough.

Besides, I'm grateful that we have the Holo Leia R2, I don't think another R2 after that will do him justice.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

R2-4Me

I have to agree there are already so many R2's. I really think that Hasbro should move on to more astromechs that have yet to see plastic.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

I agree with Wolfwood319. I think the only R2 that should be redone is lighsaber launching R2 w/ tumor middle leg.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The only r2s I'd like to see are:

R2-D2 -Bartender with tray and 2 drinking cups

and

R2-D2 - Ewok Capture w/Ewok,R2 is trapped in that wood box thing w/ the straps and the ewok would come with an axe to cut the strap!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Even though I love R2.I would like to see other ones made as well.The tray R2 would be nice.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

A deluxe pack would be good, like R2 with trench damage with interchangable heads (one battle damaged and the other as a regular one) and a rebel technician with repair tools and a droid re-energizer piece. (Even if there wasn't a piece like that, it would be cool to have.)

The Jabba's Barge R2 would be good as a deluxe, with a removable lightsaber hilt from a compartment in his head that has a mini-hinge type of thing so you can lift it up and put it back down for normal R2, plus the hilt wouldn't need to eject, therefore it wouldn't need the blade for the hazard stuff (Hope ya don't mind if I throw your idea in there with it, JJB) and R2 could come with maybe a resculpt of Ree-Yees?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    and R2 could come with maybe a resculpt of Ree-Yees?
    Why a resculpt of Ree-Yees when they still need to make more Sail Barge characters?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Because that way the people who wanted Ree-Yees could get possibly a better resculpted Ree-Yees, plus I know he was on the Sail Barge, 'course it doesn't have to be him, it could be another of his species.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I agree with uh...
    ...Jar Jar (never thought I would say that) about the drinks tray got to have that come on it would be great Hasbro I think we should start this in the dear Hasbro section. And the light saber R2 come on what A piece of junk...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...