View Poll Results: How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?

Voters
673. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a re-release of the ship in its 1995 form would be fine I guess.

6 0.89%
  • Repaint the 1995 ship in black details for a New Jedi Order version

6 0.89%
  • Resculpt the whole thing, but keep the Falcon at a price point under $50

79 11.74%
  • Resculpt the whole thing, but keep the Falcon at a price point under $100

219 32.54%
  • Re-SIZE the whole ship, making it the definitive version, with the price as high as necessary

296 43.98%
  • I don't think they need to re-visit the Millennium Falcon

67 9.96%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordashebasics
    But my brother (now 35) told me that back in the late 70s, he tried to build a Falcon that was to scale with the 3 3/4 figures. It wound up being far too big.
    **yeah, a to scale Falcon is 55" x 39" a bit big for Hasbro. But I always think back to The GI Joe US Flag. That thing was huge!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I love Tychos' Idea. That would be a great way to build a ship. And for a less costly amount. daricksstarwars makes good point about the seams not fitting together though, (and knowing Hasbro that would happen.
    So how about four sections, like Tycho mentioned, that sat inside an gutted ship. A bigger falcon with a four seat cocpit with a removable, snap on top to set the other sections inside. this way you could sell the gutted falcon with cockpit for under forty dollars, because it would have less plastic. Then you could sell four sets, ie chess room, engine room, turret room, and a sick bay with rescue hatch, and place them inside of the gutted ship for twenty bucks a part. This would make the collectors that wanted a retooled ship happy as well as those who just want a ship with a 4 seated cockpit to battle others. Plus those who don't want another falcon would love the playsets, or dioramas, to place/play with there figures. hasbro would therefore not lose any money because collectors will want one or the other or both.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    So how about four sections, like Tycho mentioned, that sat inside an gutted ship. A bigger falcon with a four seat cocpit with a removable, snap on top to set the other sections inside. this way you could sell the gutted falcon with cockpit for under forty dollars, because it would have less plastic. Then you could sell four sets, ie chess room, engine room, turret room, and a sick bay with rescue hatch, and place them inside of the gutted ship for twenty bucks a part. This would make the collectors that wanted a retooled ship happy as well as those who just want a ship with a 4 seated cockpit to battle others. Plus those who don't want another falcon would love the playsets, or dioramas, to place/play with there figures. hasbro would therefore not lose any money because collectors will want one or the other or both.
    Now that's thinking my friend, a very good and wise idea, but as we all know Hasbro could never come up with an idea like that.

Love the idea though.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I really really really don't get this fascination so many people have with breaking ships into a billion pieces. It's ONE ship. Uno. Ein. Un. ____ One.

Dear Hasbro,

Make it big enough for our figures. Incorporate all the interior stuff possible. Work really really hard to achieve as accurate an exterior sculpt as possible. Do all this and it will sell.

Thanks.

(Had to remove some of the "one" references that had foreign characters due to browser crashes -JT)

Well, part of it is about manufacturing & shipping costs, part of it is a lack of faith in Hasbro's ability to produce a quality toy at that size (as large as the TRU Falcon display piece), part is about being able to get at the various sections beyond just a top lid, and part is about storage, it'd be easier to take apart and store in separate pieces (which is important to fans and kids alike). Oh, and stores would rather stock smaller items than larger ones, so separate pieces would greatly facilitate that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Well, part of it is about...
    Yeah, I think those about sum it up.

I think in a perfect world, it would be cool to see seperate (scene specific) sections offered at retail that could then slide/snap into a larger body that the "fan club" or even Hasbro (online) might offer.
    plasticfetish.net

I'd like to see it redone, but under $100 if possible. I passed on the Shuttle for the cost.

Sad to say, but the only passable Falcon that's been made for the 3.75" figures is the goofy playset that came with a CD-ROM and resculpt of Gunner Station Han, which fit over a keyboard for some ridiculous game.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

BTW, my mom's fiance is a mold-designer for everything from plumbing supplies to NASA equipment, and he pointed out that a mold as large as the outside of the Falcon in this "over $100" design concept would require would be very expensive, incredibly large, and likely require specialty machines to run it due to size. The only other way to reasonably do it at this size in 2 pieces (1 top and 1 bottom) is to vaccu-form, which gives considerably less detail (that's almost certainly how the TRU display piece was made) and has to be made of weaker materials.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    BTW, my mom's fiance is a mold-designer for everything from plumbing supplies to NASA equipment, and he pointed out to me that a mold as large as just the outside of the Falcon as this "over $100" design would require would be very expensive, incredibly large, and likely require specialty machines to run it due to size. The only other way to reasonably do it at this size is to vaccu-form, which gives considerably less detail (that's almost certainly how the TRU display piece was made) and has to be made of weaker materials.

Yeah, but, who said that the entire exterior needed to be fashioned from one large hunk of plastic? It could be constructed from multiple smaller (more affordable) sections then glued or screwed together. No?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Yeah, but, who said that the entire exterior needed to be fashioned from one large hunk of plastic? It could be constructed from multiple smaller (more affordable) sections then glued or screwed together. No?
    I was really addressing the issue of not making it in several pieces, an issue you yourself recently posted in this thread about.

Even if the manidbles were made separate from the body, the main body would be too large to mold as 1 piece. The downside there is that the mandibles require a LOT of weight to be held by the body, so making 'em separate pieces would require extra anchoring which would require MORE design and probably take up more interior space.

I still think that a compromise between the 2 sizes (the original and the TRU display piece) is the best option, though I'd probably vote $150 max instead of $100 if it were an option.