View Poll Results: How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?

Voters
673. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a re-release of the ship in its 1995 form would be fine I guess.

6 0.89%
  • Repaint the 1995 ship in black details for a New Jedi Order version

6 0.89%
  • Resculpt the whole thing, but keep the Falcon at a price point under $50

79 11.74%
  • Resculpt the whole thing, but keep the Falcon at a price point under $100

219 32.54%
  • Re-SIZE the whole ship, making it the definitive version, with the price as high as necessary

296 43.98%
  • I don't think they need to re-visit the Millennium Falcon

67 9.96%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I was really addressing the issue of not making it in several pieces, an issue you yourself recently posted in this thread about.

You misunderstand me. I don't want to buy a ship in multiple sections (each with a pack-in, etc). I'm merely suggesting that the manufacturing process not be dependent upon spitting out a single large piece which would make the entire project cost prohibitive. Just like the vintage Falcon with the removable rear roof section, and the Queen's Starship with the "click on" nose cone, a new Falcon could certainly be manufactured in smaller, more affordable pieces, and assembled correctly before being stuffed in a cardboard box.

P.S. Certainly there seems to be a point of diminishing returns on this idea. Too big, and the cost and functionality suffer. Too small and we have the same "problems" as the vintage mold. That balancing act in the middle is bound to still be too expensive for many collectors and still manage to not be "accurate" enough for others.

I think that to be truly cost efficient and practical, we'd end up with something that looks more like the Playskool version. Remember, the entire scale needs to build from the size of the cockpit. Any other basis for scale would surely result in serious accuracy problems, so, no matter what the price is or the difficulties in production might be, that cockpit is the fulcrum in the design process. All other decisions have to evolve after that size is established.
    Last edited by stillakid; 07-22-2003 at 11:46 PM.

I myself would sacrfice scale a little (don't go overboard Hasbro!) from the cockpit to the main body. This toy would be pretty massive, I don't think too many people would be able to notice that the cockpit was 15% too big since they can't pick it up and go "whoosh whoosh" with it at this size.

It seems like a complicated issue, but Hasbro should undertake it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

go "whoosh whoosh" with it at this size.
    For the price, that sound effect should come with it.

Ok, I'll send Hasbro some uncompressed WAV files of me going "whoosh whoosh" and they can have "authentic playing sounds!". I still am not for throwing electronics into the fray of this issue though, they have relatively low play value and take up space that could be better used for actual play features like hidden compartments or blast-apart walls (let's face it, the Falcon falls apart sometimes ).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, I'll send Hasbro some uncompressed WAV files of me going "whoosh whoosh" and they can have "authentic playing sounds!". I still am not for throwing electronics into the fray of this issue though, they have relatively low play value and take up space that could be better used for actual play features like hidden compartments or blast-apart walls (let's face it, the Falcon falls apart sometimes ).

Okay, no fx. Can we have fuzzy dice instead?

If you look carefully, the dice appear metallic, not fuzzy. And yes, I'd love to see them in this toy, that'd be a great touch. I guess they were a trade-off for Chewie's bandolier, you never see both on screen together IIRC.