View Poll Results: How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?

Voters
673. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a re-release of the ship in its 1995 form would be fine I guess.

6 0.89%
  • Repaint the 1995 ship in black details for a New Jedi Order version

6 0.89%
  • Resculpt the whole thing, but keep the Falcon at a price point under $50

79 11.74%
  • Resculpt the whole thing, but keep the Falcon at a price point under $100

219 32.54%
  • Re-SIZE the whole ship, making it the definitive version, with the price as high as necessary

296 43.98%
  • I don't think they need to re-visit the Millennium Falcon

67 9.96%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

For 24 years it has been re-boxed.

"You re-packaged that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

"Yeah well this baby's still got a few surprises left in her, Sweetheart!"

"This bucket of bolts will never suffice it for the modern line!"

"Watch your mouth, or you'll find yourself empty handed at Wal*Mart and driving home alone!"

So is it "a piece of junk?" Or is it time for the Millennium Falcon to get an update?

"It's going to cost you - all in advance."

Be mindful of economics - a real living force. But vote now!

How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails falcon poll.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thumbs up

We know it can be done. We have seen the X-wing Fighter redone after many years of "begging." The Falcon is, and did in my youth, provide a great play arena for all my figures.

However -- Times are changing and I want the whole thing!!

First off -- the 4 person cockpit would be GREAT!! -- I guess means that they will need to also make the following:
    Pilot Han
    Pilot Chewy
    Pilot Luke
    Pilot Ben Kenobi

Then we'll need Pilot Lando, Pilot Leia, and Pilot Nien Numb to finish it off.

More interior room -- lets have the chess game and the lightsaber practice go on at once -- and bring back the little trainning ball!!

If we cant get the duel gunner post -- lets get a bigger smugglers hold and maybe an area where we can put Han and Chewy fixing the hyperdrive -- not that it needs it or anything

Also -- I would like to see an open hatch at the top to where Lando can rescue Bespin Duel Luke -- that would be great!

The price range should be no more than $80 - $90 -- look at how much plastic they wasted on the arena -- and kept that at around $50.

Hasbro can start on this project once we get a new Cloud Car!!
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

I said resize it, although I would hope that FAO wouldn't get involved and jack up the price beyond $100 bucks.

As is necessary, the retooling must begin with the cockpit. At the very least, we have to be able to fit in the newer modern Chewy. Once that rescale is done, I'm positive that a lift off panel would show enough room for two more bucket seats.

That being done, the newly scaled cockpit would pretty much determine the size of the rest of the thing. Given it's larger size (though I wouldn't anticipate a HUGE change...maybe 10% to 25% bigger than the current one at most), there should be plenty of room for at least one gunner station as well as the standard "hanging out" quarters and smuggling compartments.

The top hatch is a good idea, but a luxury request probably.

Being one of the signature Original Trilogy vehicles, I sincerely doubt that Hasbro would have any trouble selling this as long as it's marked value was justified by a killer exterior sculpt and practical interior play areas.

What I think is lost here is size vs retooling. The plastic is the cheapest part about any toy. The expense comes in the tooling and the design, not to mention makeing all those neat little aspects about the Falcon come alive in a 3 3/4" universe.

The arena was so cheap becasue it was a chunch of plastic with very little parts and not to many things attached to it. That's why it was so cheap.

I'd like to see one for under $100 but for everything that is being asked I don't think it's possible. Also, the Falcon wasn't a big seller when it was $50 so who's going to shell out $75+ for it? Ships/playsets in that price range haven't ever sold well. Not even the shuttle (but we all know that was because of FAO). I just don't see it happeneing. I'd rather see 4 new $25 ships than 1 re-tooled $100 ship.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Falcon

What stillakid said, but I'd still like to see the falcon about the size of the ToysRus display one back in around the late 90's. I remember seeing one on E-bay not to long ago. That would be sweet.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I voted for the Resize/resculpt. . .While it would be great to see something for under a $100. I don't think that it is practical.

While we might get a great four seat cockpit I think it would be at the expense of another part of the of the ship. . But maybe key sections of the ship could be designed, and packaged seperately.(I know it's been talked about before in other threads, and of course there is always some resistance: who wouldn't want the whole ship if we could get it, but I'd like to see Hasbro do a section of this ship right then have the whole thing done poorly )

I know I'd be willing to lay out a $20 to $30 on a redesigned highly detailed 3/4 scale cockpit, or a to scale Falcon "lounge area", with some of the more interesting features like a hyperdrive area or have the gantry leading into this area so that we can have some of the key areas of the ship that is seen in the movies.

Heck for that matter cut the Falcon into four sections and give me some screws so that I could bolt them together and make the whole ship. . .but we already got a LEGO Falcon didn't we . .but the same concept could work!

I still do not own a Falcon because they have not made one that I like. They need to re-size it and make it the definitive version. I don't care if it cost $149.99. If it was huge and a perfect sculpt, I would buy it. Without a doubt, they need to make another Falcon. I badly want one. Hasbro could make it to fit four regular figures in the cockpit. They also need to have the removeable "smuggling" pannels that we saw in ANH. That would be cool. They need to make the gunner stations so that one figure could fit in each station. They also need a holoboard and seats. This could be the perfect falcon.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by icatch9
    Ships/playsets in that price range haven't ever sold well. Not even the shuttle (but we all know that was because of FAO). I just don't see it happeneing. I'd rather see 4 new $25 ships than 1 re-tooled $100 ship.

Which ones are we talking about? The Queen's ship? That sat for one main reason: it came from a movie that most adults abhored. While it remains to be one of the best ships Hasbro has ever created, it lacked a viable market. Some adults (like us) bought it, but the mainstream market...the kids...either wanted it but couldn't afford it, or their parents didn't like the movie and refused to buy it for them.

The AT AT sold very well, didn't it?
    The Falcon rerelease was just that...a cheaper rerelease. The AT AT at least offered something new beyond a paint scheme.

On the other hand, the Falcon is one of the most recognizable and memorable (and arguably liked) vehicles from the more liked trilogy. If non-hardcore collectors/Star Wars fans see a kickarse version sitting at TRU for $80, they are more likely to buy it than a ship from a movie they didn't care so much for.

And pieces of the ship? Who would buy that besides us?

I haven't had a Falcon myself...
    But my brother (now 35) told me that back in the late 70s, he tried to build a Falcon that was to scale with the 3 3/4 figures. It wound up being far too big.
    I think I'd consider getting a falcon if there were enough room to have the chess match and the jedi training going at the same time. The two turrets on the top and bottom aren't really needed though.

I would just buy the whole ship resized, at whatever FAO charges *cringe* but I was thinking about how you could sectionalize it and still make fun play environments:

1) Cockpit with 4 seats, sounds and lights, connecting tube to crew lounge quarter with chess set, lightsaber training. Underneath anti-personnel blaster used at Hoth.

2) back starboard quarter with entry-way ramp, and smuggling compartments, launching "EU" escape pod per authentic Corellian YT1300 specs, and service repair corridor for scoundrel-smooching. gas mask storage, main computer.

3) back port quarter with top and bottom gun turrets in the front of it (so it's in the center of the fully assembled ship), main engineering sections for emergency repairs (not recommended while in asteroid fields), sub-cargo hold with cargo loading ramp per YT-1300 specs, Han & Chewie's crew quarters.

4) Front port quarter with Lando's rescue hatch, emergency medical bunk for Luke, front manibles with cargo doors, cargo hold, and concussion missle launchers that fire.

I'd like all these features in the first place, but I'd rather just buy the whole ship, rather than have Hasbro panic if a lot of people only buy the cockpit, and the rest of the ship sits in stores, or people wanting to compete their Falcon, can't find the gun stations section. Those kinds of problems.

The best thing is to make the toy 4 exclusives:

TRU gets the cockpit with exclusive Han and Leia (ANH)
    Target gets the smugglers' compartments with R2D2 and Obi-Wan (ANH)
    WalMart gets engineering with Chewie mechanic and C-3PO (ESB)
    KB Toys gets the missle launchers with Luke Bespin, Lando Rescue (ESB)

Lando General, Han Bespin, Leia Hoth, Leia Bespin Escape, Luke Gunner Station, and Nien Numb are all viable alternatives for figures as pack-ins.
    Or more detail and NO pack-ins (I'd rather see that to be honest).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.