Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shimi Skywalker

Shimi Skywalker

Why did Hasbro wait so long to make her?

One of those things where nobody had any isea what was going on in Habro's head.

"Oh we can't release it because people will pay money to buy it." (like the Eeopie!)
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Thumbs up It took a long time but....

It was worth the wait. I finally picked up Luke's grandma just the other day. It's a neat piece!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Is it just me or does her head seem to be made out of a diffrent plastic than everyone else just looks A little odd, but still A cool figure...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

First of all,wrong section Her head does look different but I cant put my finger on it yet
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

She's a great figure, other then her head. For someone that is so nicely tanned in the movie, the figure looks like she's as pale as an albino.

They really dropped the ball on the color of plastic they used, she needed a more bronze flesh tone, not pale. Still, a great figure that deserved to be made along time ago.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes Shimi Skywalker is a nice fig, too bad they took so long in making her though...

Actually, she was planned in late 1999, but retailers (y'know Wal-Mart, KB, TRU) told Hasbro that they refused to order any more waves with non-Amidala female characters. They blamed the sudden halt of Ep1 sales on too many minor female characters and not enough resculpts of core characters.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Re: Shimi Skywalker

Originally posted by BountyHunter
    Why did Hasbro wait so long to make her?
    Because they were too busy making resculpts of OB1, Qui-Gon, D. Maul, and Anakin.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Actually, she was planned in late 1999, but retailers (y'know Wal-Mart, KB, TRU) told Hasbro that they refused to order any more waves with non-Amidala female characters. They blamed the sudden halt of Ep1 sales on too many minor female characters and not enough resculpts of core characters.

Yeah, it wasn't just the fact that they refused to order anymore waves with Non-Amidala female charecters. They also refused to order any more waves with Gungans or Neimodians either.

Which is the reason that we didnt Lott Dod, Holo Nute Gunray, or the Gungan Warrior in the E1 line, luckily we later got the Gungan Warrior as well as Shmi Skywalker in POTJ. Still waiting and praying for more Gungans, more Neimodians, and more anything....but re-sculpts.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.