Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palpy Knows!!

Palpy Knows!!

I've come to the conclusion that there's no way that Palpy can't know that Padme is pregnant, especially since she's got scenes with him. "The Emperor knew, as I did, that if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him." - Ben. I'm sure he knows and tries (and probably succeeds) in bumping her off. I just can't see how she could possibly hide her pregnancy from the Dark Lord of the Sith, especially when she's right in front of him.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Luke, "But I have no sister." Ben, "To keep you safe, you were both hidden from the emperor when you were born." (or something like that)
    Maybe palpy knows of ONE child but not the other. Ben, "That is why the identity of your sister remains safely anonymous." (or something like that). I think he knows only about Luke, and hopes Kenobi will fail with luke's training the way he did with Anakin, thus creating another darth.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    I've come to the conclusion that there's no way that Palpy can't know that Padme is pregnant, especially since she's got scenes with him. "The Emperor knew, as I did, that if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him." - Ben. I'm sure he knows and tries (and probably succeeds) in bumping her off. I just can't see how she could possibly hide her pregnancy from the Dark Lord of the Sith, especially when she's right in front of him.

Except that she will be wearing garments that conceal her figure from the public, and that includes Palpatine. I seriously doubt he'll know.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Jedi Clint, you're missing my point. Of course she's wearing concealing clothes buy those clothes wouldn't fool Palpy. I think he's know through the force that there's at least one other being concealed in there much less super midichlorianzed ones. Don't go into that "Vader didn't recognize Leia" crap either, there's a big difference between knowing someone is there and knowing who they are. I'm sure now Palpy knows and is plotting away.

But The emperor didn't sense Luke's presence on Dagobah.......so it's entirely possible that he wouldn't sense the twins.

I'm not talking about remote long distance force powers here, I'm talking about , say, Palpy, pregnant Padme a 2 other senators are in the room, but Palpy senses 4 or 5 others in the room, and comes to the conclusion Padme is pregnant. I just don't she could hide it from the ol' sneaker when she was right in front of his face. I think it will weaken his character severely if she can.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible. I'm just not sold on it.........yet How could we work that into what we worked out the other day ? More reason for Palpatine to have her killed?
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 07-16-2003 at 08:15 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Ya know what! I was wrong Bman! It works just fine one way or the other. It may even work better if he knows. I'm still tearing down some prior convictions regarding how the story will play out in this next filme. Forgive me.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Same here on the prior convictions thing. I used to think that GL would find some way to NOT reveal the fact that Anakin is Vader until ESB. After seeing AOTC, it's pretty clear that aint gonna happen.

I'm not sure Palpy necessarily wants to have her, or at least her kids killed. I mean, he wanted Luke to take Vader's place at his side right, maybe he wants to get Anakin's kid ASAP so he can raise it as his own evil apprentice. I mean, I'm not sure he NEEDS Anakin (Vader) to fulfil his goals, I mean, one of Palpy's avenues to get what he wants are his opportunism and adaptability, he's got his hand on so maky strings, if a few of them break, it really doesn't matter, sorta like a spider web. I mean, just look at TPM, no matter how things could have turned out, Palpy would have found a way for things to "work to his advantage." Same goes for AOTC. Ep II is gonna be the best movie of the whole saga, I think, and it's gonna make the movies better as a whole as well - especially TPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman
    Same here on the prior convictions thing. I used to think that GL would find some way to NOT reveal the fact that Anakin is Vader until ESB. After seeing AOTC, it's pretty clear that aint gonna happen.

I'm not sure Palpy necessarily wants to have her, or at least her kids killed. I mean, he wanted Luke to take Vader's place at his side right, maybe he wants to get Anakin's kid ASAP so he can raise it as his own evil apprentice. I mean, I'm not sure he NEEDS Anakin (Vader) to fulfil his goals, I mean, one of Palpy's avenues to get what he wants are his opportunism and adaptability, he's got his hand on so maky strings, if a few of them break, it really doesn't matter, sorta like a spider web. I mean, just look at TPM, no matter how things could have turned out, Palpy would have found a way for things to "work to his advantage." Same goes for AOTC. Ep II is gonna be the best movie of the whole saga, I think, and it's gonna make the movies better as a whole as well - especially TPM.
    What about: "The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him"?
    ubi mel ibi apes