Anyone know what the different Clone Trooper colors signify?

So I've seen red, yellow, blue, green, and plain old white Clone Trooper toys. I remember the Battle Droid color markings seemed to have some relevance: yellow = commander, red = security, and blue = pilot (?). Do the different Clone Trooper color ranks mean anything? (Besides more cash collectors will have to shell out for toy variants, that is)

Quote Originally Posted by otter
    So I've seen red, yellow, blue, green, and plain old white Clone Trooper toys. I remember the Battle Droid color markings seemed to have some relevance: yellow = commander, red = security, and blue = pilot (?). Do the different Clone Trooper color ranks mean anything? (Besides more cash collectors will have to shell out for toy variants, that is)
    The search sucks for me lately, or I'd suggest that. But here's the official news from the official site.
    Q:In Episode II there appears to be troopers with a color-coding on their armor. Does this indicate rank and if so what color equates to what rank?
    A:It is indeed an indication of rank. Yellow markings indicate a commander. Red clone troopers are captains, blue are lieutenants and green are sergeants.
    http://www.starwars.com/community/as...c20020528.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks for the info. Sorry, if the question has already been asked a hundred times already. I probably need to hone my searching skills on this site a little more--I always seem to have trouble locating topics in the forums.