Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i ordered mine and it shipped on monday of last week. it's kinda a lame wave, but i didn't want to risk missing out on it, like i did with the lando wave.

Just got mine in from EE yesterday. Not really impressed with the new Obi-Wan ot the Plastic Jawa's. Garindan, however, kicks major butt. If I find one at retail, I'll pick one up to open!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Due to the scarce appearances of the Lando wave, and the complete absence of the Ewok wave, I got the Garindan wave from EE. Here is my review:
    Obi-Wan: I debated for a while on whether to open it or just get rid of it. Eventually I decided the likeness to Alec was slightly better than the CS version, so I opened. The disrespect hasbro shows for 12" collectors is obvious here with the cheap unpainted lightsaber, the reissue of the incorrect silver belt buckle from the 1st CS version, and the lack of brown undergarments. The cloak, outergarments, brown boots, likeness, and articulation are all plusses, however. I think this may be the first 12" rehash that is actually an improvement over the original issue. I still don't feel this was a necessary figure as most people were pleased with the first version. Also, anyone looking to make this figure accurate will need both this and the 2nd CS version with the correctly painted saber & gold belt buckle + the brown undergarments to create a complete & accurate Old Ben Kenobi.

Jawas: I cannot even look at these disgraceful pieces of trash. In these plastic molded unarticulated statues, Hasbro shows its utter disdain for the 12" collector and its eagerness to close down this line. If you can get Garindan by other means, do not buy this! Their every bit as bad as the photos showed them to be.

Garindan: Stupendous! Fabulous! Every thing a 12" figure should be! I'll admit, this wasn't the toughest figure to make, but it was done perfectly! Whatever sculptor created this should be in charge of every figure. This is the best figure since the bounty hunters IMO! Perfection! Too bad the long rumored Hammerhead figure didn't come with this wave to make it worth our while. One good figure is probably not enough to save this wave.

i got this wave in the mail yesterday, and despite all the crap hasbro has given us over the years, i've never been tempted to quit collecting all together untill now....and it's al because of that damn obi-wan and jawas.

obi wan is just horrible. there are elements of the figure that are OK, like the head sculpt....it really is very good, but the paint job is terrible. the white robe is made out of a thinner cloth, but is way too big. apparently hasbro used the same pattern for the bigger HOF body and didn't bother to make a new pattern for the smaller CC Joe body they used on this figure. the robe is nice, but it too is just too big.

and the thing i can't beleive...this figure has no pants. he has brown plastic legs!!! how cheap can a company be? i really hope hasbro goes bankrupt and a company who actually cares about star wars and it's loyal customers picks up the rights to make the toys. and i can't say how much the jawas stink. why dosen't hasbro just give up making cloth clothes and make 12 inch roto cast figures like toy biz has.....another company i despise!

Wow, another threat to quit collecting. The fact of the matter is, all you grown men who act like children every time a figure is released really do need to quit. If the thought of Hasbro figures just repulses you then dont buy anymore!!! Invest your money into mutual funds and IRA's. Then your anxiety may settle a bit. All of you who say your going to quit collecting will be the first in line when a new wave is shipped, so stop whining. Look at this from Hasbros point of view, they read these forums. They hear you moan and cry about a drought of figures and when they release something its immediately shot down. This whole wave is great and I appreciate Hasbro for allowing the release of these figures!!

LOL Wampa. That's just the way it is here at good old SSG. I think one of my 1st posts sounded a lot like yours. Sure we cry and complain about this stuff, but that's how it is. I like the wave. The Jawa's need some help, but I like them. One of the things I think Hasbro assumes, is that we don't open these 12" figures. So way not remove Bens pants? That sounded bad. Maybe when Hasbro makes all the figures like the new SA clone we will stop crying, but then again we complained that he doesn't have a foot peg hole. The 12" line does need help and making non cloth figures such as the Jawas isn't the way to do it. I do have these 3 figures in my collection so I guess that means I like them. Most of the EP2 12" weren't so lucky .
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Although a lot of people here seem to cry and buy with the 12" line, it appears a lot of people have quit on the line. As evidence, only TRU carries the line these days, and still the figures are collecting dust on the shelves. So, I think hasbro should work on improving the line if they have any interest in continuing it. Since we haven't heard any rumors for new waves, though, I am beginning to get worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Wampa
    They hear you moan and cry about a drought of figures and when they release something its immediately shot down. This whole wave is great and I appreciate Hasbro for allowing the release of these figures!!
    Yep, well ... just because they hear people complain about bad distribution, doesn't mean that any old P.O.C. that hits the shelves should be dipped in gold and worshipped. You like 'em all, that's great ... you're happy. Other people that have invested themselves and their money in this particular facet of the hobby are less impressed with what's being produced, and don't have a problem with voicing their humble opinions. Not everything that Hasbro puts on the shelves is "shot down", mostly just those items that don't meet the standards of what is obviously a more particular group of collectors. As I've read in this thread so far, the Jawas suck, Obi-Wan has a great head sculpt but they've cheesed the rest of him and Garindan is really great. Looks like a pretty balanced range of praise and criticism to me.

With that said, I can't wait to pick up Garindan. I haven't really wanted a 12" figure since Dooku ... this one I'm really excited about. I'm sorry to hear that Obi-Wan isn't top notch. (Oh, well.) The choco-Jawas aren't for me, but I suppose that means more for other people.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Wampa
    Wow, another threat to quit collecting. The fact of the matter is, all you grown men who act like children every time a figure is released really do need to quit. If the thought of Hasbro figures just repulses you then dont buy anymore!!! Invest your money into mutual funds and IRA's. Then your anxiety may settle a bit. All of you who say your going to quit collecting will be the first in line when a new wave is shipped, so stop whining. Look at this from Hasbros point of view, they read these forums. They hear you moan and cry about a drought of figures and when they release something its immediately shot down. This whole wave is great and I appreciate Hasbro for allowing the release of these figures!!
    i wish i was as much a tool or sheep for hasbro as you are wampa, but the fact is, i've already quit buying most hasbro products. i quit the small figures last year and haven't looked back. i wish i could just blindly love crap like the new 12" obi wan or jawas and just thank hasbro for letting me buy their garbage, but even i have some standards. these 3 figures really suck. they suck so bad i just sat there looking at them and for the first time wondered why i buy this crap. they suck so bad, i'm gonna box them up and send them back. i see products put out by blue box and dragon and really appreciate the attention to detail those companies give each figure, and then hasbro gives us two plastic jawas and an obi wan with a horrible paint job, brown plastic legs and a robe and cloak that would be too big on the rancor and you give me financial advice because i expressed my opinion? give me a break!
    Last edited by derek; 12-22-2003 at 02:51 PM.

I also have completely stopped buying 12" of late, and seem to have nothing to entice me back in now that I now about how lame "dirty-legs" Obi-Wan came out. I also have stopped being a 4" figure completist since Saga came around, and buy NO multiples of any figures anymore. Heck, I even rip open all my cards at the Hasbro symbol.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.