Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Clone Wars Mace Laughable

Haha thanks for the laugh Hasbro. I busted a gut upon seeing the new Clone Wars Mace Windu. Terrible looking. Actually the face is fine, but what the heck happened to his neck.

It's figures like this and deluxe squating Anakin that make me wonder who in the world gave the go ahead on these figures. I mean how could you possibly look at that figure and say "Oh it looks good, lets produce it."

IMHO, Hasbro created one decent Mace -- the sneak preview figure. The rest are so-so and below average. Excluding the deluxe AOTC Mace with battle droid, the two AOTC Maces suck.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    IMHO, Hasbro created one decent Mace -- the sneak preview figure. The rest are so-so and below average. Excluding the deluxe AOTC Mace with battle droid, the two AOTC Maces suck.
    I couldn't agree more. Unless your a diorama nut that can't get enough poses of the same figure the rest of the mace's after the mail away was beyond garbage. That is unless you enjoy looking at hernia expressions that were never seen in the movies.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by jad
    Haha thanks for the laugh Hasbro. I busted a gut upon seeing the new Clone Wars Mace Windu. Terrible looking. Actually the face is fine, but what the heck happened to his neck.
    We can call him "Chicken Neck Mace"
    May the force be with You!!!!!

I too absolutely agree the best Mace has been the preview figure. I've given the preview figure the purple 'saber of the AOTC Mace and buried AOTC Mace deep down in a drawer somewhere.

I have wondered though what result would come of trying to put Nikto Jedi's cloak on the Mace Windu who came out with soft goods cloak, after I break the lever/knob/thingy off his back of course.

There is one major reason I would want to get Clone Wars Mace. If the picture is accurate to the finished product, I'll get a detailed Mace Windu 'saber hilt. It's been making me angry that the most detailed 'saber out there has not received the detail due to it.

Look at the ComicCon pix of the CW Mace. The reverse picture shows some weird patch on the back of his neck. What the heck is that thing?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Two things: Mace might have enlisted in the Marines to be a true Leatherneck. (In the colonial times, the Marines wore uniforms with leather necks, whereas the nickname). Or he's trying out for the sequel to Pirates of the Carribean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Look at the ComicCon pix of the CW Mace. The reverse picture shows some weird patch on the back of his neck. What the heck is that thing?
    Just looked, that's not a patch, that IS his neck. The head is not molded to the neck, the neck (a circular cone sort) plugs into the back of the head.. I guess he'll have a ball-jointed head, but come on they'd have MUCH better ball jointed humans out there than this!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Just looked, that's not a patch, that IS his neck. The head is not molded to the neck, the neck (a circular cone sort) plugs into the back of the head.. I guess he'll have a ball-jointed head, but come on they'd have MUCH better ball jointed humans out there than this!
    Yes it's just terrible looking. I usually don't like to complain about crappy looking figures, but how could hasbro not see that this is just a laughable figure, it looks like cheap bootleg.