Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

SirSteves letter writing campagin on DISTRIBUTION PROBLEM

ATTENTION COLLECTORS:

This came out of SirStevesGuide.com being there for you at Comic Con.

Guys, it's not all Hasbro's fault. They have the product ready to go. They will sell it to their retailers (Hasbro's customers). They have to have large purchasers like Wal*Mart, Toys R Us, and Target in order for enough quantities to be bought to cover their costs of tooling the steel molds and contracting the labor to make the figures in the first place.

The reason you're only finding more stuff at price-gouging online retailers, and a good quantity of fair-priced online stores. It is because they are ordering $5,000 or more worth of product that Hasbro requires its direct customers to buy, in order to spend the $25,000 or more to produce the toys to begin with. Everybody likes a guarantee. Meanwhile the major discount retailers are not ordering.

Well, here's my garauntee: it will take you less time to print the letters I post below and stick 37 cent stamps on them and drop them in the mail, than the average amount of time you guys spend each week whining about things in the forums here.

Put your money and your will where your mouth is. You want figures to come to your stores? Then I challenge you to do something about it!

This is the SirStevesGuide.com Distribution Letter Writing Campaign (DLWC for short) which we have no idea what benefits might develop from it.

DON'T COUNT ON SOMEONE ELSE TO MAIL A LETTER! - Do it yourself.

If I see ANY whining in these forums I will immediately ask that person if they've sent their letters to the retailers yet. You guys should do the same and proudly post when you've sent them in your signatures!

Here are the letters: make sure the correct ones are addressed on the envelopes going to the correct stores.

JUST DO IT!

May the Force be with you.
    Last edited by Tycho; 07-18-2003 at 09:22 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

These are all the same, just different addresses for different stores. Attached are the .pdf files. You will need Adobe Acrobat (it's free) to view and print them.

STORE NAME
    STORE ADDRESS

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am a frequent visitor of your _____________ store which I regularly
    check for new Hasbro Star Wars action figures. A hobby of mine, I have collected Star Wars figures for the past ____ years. I am well experienced with the difficulty there exists with finding the newest releases within even months past the manufacturer’s intended
    release time. For that reason your employees might remember me
    frequently entering your store on a daily basis and leaving, without making a purchase of any kind. This is because I know another competitive store might have the Star Wars items I want, and in too limited of quantities to chance getting there late. I am sure that I stop and purchase at least $100 worth of household goods for myself, pets and family members, but I can ill afford to wait at your stores while a competitor may sell out of the Star Wars figures that make it fun to shop your venue in the first place.

Due to the recent extreme lack of Star Wars figures in your stores, you are losing the business of myself and many, many more collectors! Realize that Star Wars collecting is a phenomenon that has enthralled hobbyists for the past 8 years, and it is not just limited to when there is a major motion picture release, as with other movie promotional toy items. Star Wars was the first of its kind in that scene, and a staple of the toy industry ever since. Please advise your buyers to purchase adequate quantities of Hasbro’s Star Wars action figure products and manage your inventory and distribution of them amongst your local warehouses. You will have both the gratitude of the fans like myself, and more importantly, our business.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Tycho; 07-18-2003 at 10:31 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Help out the Brits: Get your UK retailers address information and post it here, Emperor Jargo.

Ugh. You may wanna take a closer gander at that grammar. I wouldn't put my name on that It's a start which needs much more work.

J

I'm making corrections in as much time as I have before having to leave my home for today's events at Comic Con.

You're right: many of you can type a more articulate letter, but I started the one above in 10 minutes. So it doesn't require a lot of effort. You just have to do it.

Fortunately JangoFart made me catch one big error I'll fix here, and before I print copies for distribution at Comic Con.

I'm also working on the Falcon payment plan, all on 5 hours of sleep from one night at Comic Con to the next day.

Plus I gotta organize your questions for Hasbro into categories I can field them in, and check for duplicates.

Meanwhile, if any of you produce better letters, please post them here. I have the correct addresses in mine above, so that's done for you.

But get them going!

Together we can do it!

Thanks for the form letters, Tycho. Nice job.

I would just add that it might be good for many forumites to alter the letters to their liking to give some variety. If the CS people pay any attention to this write-in campaign it may carry more weight if we don't all have the same wording.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm not criticizing anyone; I'm just kinda anal about what I stick my name upon. (I sort of have to be in my line of work.)

I'll look at it and make some recommended changes.

J

Just the same, if you turn in something written to them, they usually have a policy where they have to send you something written back.

In my past experience in writing companies, they've also sent me coupons or gift certificates to make me once again a happy customer.

I can't garauntee what you might get from your efforts, but we won't know if we don't try!

Thanks for the support Mandalorian Candidate!

Tycho,

Thanks I am also going to drop off the letter to each store I visit to the manager (on duty) so that they are aware of the issue.

My thinking is that if they are hearing of this issue from internally and externally is may gather someone's attention.

Thanks again for all of your effort into this matter.

Enjoy the Con

VDC
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!